Food & Beverage Staff
Full & Part Time Positions Available!
The Food & Beverage Staff are responsible for greeting and serving guests in a friendly and welcoming manner, while filling food and beverage orders as well as operating the Point of Sale (POS) system and collecting money for food and beverage purchased at the Hall of Fame Village, a subsidiary of the publicly traded Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: HOFV, HOFVW). The Concessions Attendant may also be cross-utilized across various functions of the campus as needed.
The Concessions Attendant reports to the Food & Beverage Director.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Provide superior guest service to visitors, guests, clients, vendors, and staff at all times.
- Responsible for ensuring the quality of foods and services in order to maintain utmost satisfaction of guests.
- Responsible for preparation and presentation of all food items, continuously, ensuring a high level of professional and clean display.
- Responsible for greeting guests in a clear, business-like, and respectful manner, generating a positive, enthusiastic, and cooperative environment.
- Take and fulfill orders for food and beverage products.
- Operate POS; responsible for accepting payment from guests and making change as necessary.
- Assist in clean up and break down of the concession area.
- Must show demonstrated ability to meet the company standard for excellent attendance.
- Responsible for cooking and packaging food product which is prepared to order or kept warm until sold.
- Responsible for protecting public health by operating safe and sanitary facilities.
- Ensure all food and beverage areas are maintained in a safe and sanitary manner by adhering to regular cleaning and waste management disposal, governed by regulating bodies.
- Address complaints and concerns of visitors, guests, clients, vendors, and staff and work professionally to create positive and guest-services oriented solutions
- All other duties as assigned.
HOURLY / NON-EXEMPT POSITION
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Desired Qualifications:
- Must be at least 19 years of age.
- Required to be able to communicate with employees, co-workers, volunteers, management staff and guests in a clear, business-like, and respectful manner which focuses on generating a positive, enthusiastic, and cooperative environment.
- Valid driver’s license in compliance with agency standards required.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to calculate basic math functions (addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, percentages) as they relate to POS cash/credit transactions, cash reconciliation, and product inventory.
- Must have the ability to handle cash accurately and responsibly.
- Must be a flexible and reliable team player, both within own department and entire organization.
- Ability to work independently while maintaining a high level of performance, working quickly without compromising quality.
- Ability to work flexible schedule (including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed).
- Must have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion regarding confidential matters while maintaining confidentiality.
Physical Requirements for Position:
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds, climb ladders, and work in a variety of different spaces.
- The ability to work in various Ohio weather conditions, inside and outside.
- The ability to move safely over uneven terrain, steps, or in construction zones.
- The ability to see and respond to hazardous situations.
- The ability to sit, stand, squat, and walk for periods of time as required for the position.
- Must be available to work in Canton, Ohio.
Vision and Strategic Thinking: Addresses issues preemptively, thinks strategically, and anticipates needs and priorities.
Entrepreneurship: Champions innovation and encourages new ideas. Builds momentum to get things done by communicating clearly and consistently. Acts decisively. Helps others to successfully manage organizational change. Recognizes successes and informed risk-taking.
Integrity: Is ethical and honest in all dealings. Keeps confidences and is highly responsible in managing strictly confidential information. Treats others fairly and equitably. Delivers what is promised. Is respected by others.
Accountability for Results: Sets goals and high standards to accomplish these goals. Follows through on all commitments. Has a sense of direction and keeps focused but knows when to be flexible and adapts accordingly. Maintains a positive attitude despite stress, frustration, and ambiguity; recovers quickly from disappointments and setbacks. Questions how things were done in order to develop ways to do things more efficiently. Encourages diverse thought and welcomes contributions.
Relationship Management/Collaboration: Builds, maintains, and values positive relationships inside and outside the organization. Allocates effort to understanding and meeting needs of customers and targeted prospects, and community leaders. Assists others in accomplishing their goals. Communicates effectively and speaks and writes clearly. Listens and values contributions of others.
Learning Agility: Learns technology, new systems, and processes to improve job proficiency. Inspires and encourages others to learn and grow in their careers.
Coaching and Development: Encourages and inspires others’ development and growth while also working to improve themselves. Conveys high expectations both of themselves and for others. Regularly provides helpful guidance and advice and appreciates the opportunity to grow when receiving the same.
Execution: Ability to take plans and successfully execute against them.
ABOUT HALL OF FAME RESORT & ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY
The Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: HOFV, HOFVW) is a resort and entertainment company leveraging the power and popularity of professional football and its legendary players in partnership with the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Headquartered in Canton, Ohio, the Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company is the owner of the Hall of Fame Village, a multi-use
sports, entertainment, and media destination centered around the Pro Football Hall of Fame's campus. Additional information on the Company can be found at www.HOFREco.com.
ABOUT HALL OF FAME VILLAGE
Hall of Fame Village, a Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company Destination, is a mixed-use sports, entertainment, and media destination located in a 200-acre tourism development district in Canton, Ohio. The Pro Football Hall of Fame Museum will serve as the heart of the Hall of Fame Village campus, surrounded by the varied components being built around it. In total, there will be ten additional components that will shape the landscape of George Halas Drive. This once-in-a-lifetime project and company builds upon the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s mission, values, and vision positioned as “The Most Inspiring Place on Earth!” for all those who will play the Game, played the Game, and love the Game.
Today, Hall of Fame Village includes two active components, the National Youth Football & Sports Complex and Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium, and the infrastructure to support additional expansion plans. Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium is a 23,000 seat, best-in-class, sports and entertainment stadium which hosts the Hall of Fame Game (always the first nationally televised NFL game of the season), the Hall of Fame Enshrinement for NFL players, and the Concert for Legends (hosted previously by Tim McGraw, Maroon 5, and Imagine Dragons), as well as the football programs of Canton McKinley High School and Walsh University, the Black College Football Hall of Fame Classic, and many more events year-round, quickly becoming an elite entertainment venue for the region. Additional information on the Company can be found at www.HOFVillage.com.
Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.