Director of Public Affairs
The Director of Public Affairs at Hall of Fame Village, a subsidiary of the publicly traded Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: HOFV, HOFVW), will be responsible for development and execution of external communications. This position will report directly to the Executive Vice President of Global Marketing & Public Affairs.
The Director of Public Affairs will oversee all company earned media activities and across the different HOFV business lines in order to develop and execute ongoing communication plans. This position will foster relationships with national, regional, and local journalists, beat reporters, and bloggers to share the Company’s news and brand stories, ensuring external messaging accurately represents the company’s values and objectives. The Director of Public Affairs will also manage crisis communication messaging, acting at times as a spokesperson for the Company.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Business Communications:
- Responsible for Company press releases announcing milestones and other news stories.
- Responds to industry inquiries including press statements.
- Manages crisis communications, developing holding statements and may at times serve as a spokesperson for the Company.
- Writing and Communications:
- Work with all HOFV departments as needed on content creation of corporate communications.
- Create and manage calendar of editorial and company content, , press releases, award nominations, and media advisories.
- Practical understanding of the different internal and external systems available to target different audiences and deliver messages.
- Media Relations:
- Update company media relations policies and procedures.
- Manage media relations
- Strategy and Analytics:
- Assess the effectiveness of the business’s communication and put in place measures that will create awareness and momentum as well as test the effectiveness of communication activities in the business.
- Conduct analyses on audience segmentation, key messages, communications schedules etc., reporting findings directly to the EVP of Public Affairs.
- Seek out new creative and innovative ways and opportunities for elevating the business’s brand.
- Identify and promote newsworthy stories and topics of interest on the business’s behalf ahead of the curve, which establishes the business as thought leader, which increases the business’s popularity with the audience. Some of these stories may relate to client topical guest columns, consumer relations, current affairs, regulatory and policy changes, executive profiles, awards, and human-interest pieces, among other topics that will leverage media channel and consumer attention for the business.
- Provide superior guest service to visitors, guests, clients, vendors, and staff, and all other duties as assigned
SALARY / EXEMPT POSITION
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Desired Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English or another related field.
- 10+ years corporate communications experience, preferable within a publicly traded company.
- Skilled in program development and execution of PR strategies.
- Current leadership responsibilities overseeing communications.
- Ability to thrive in a high-volume and fast-paced work environment.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous experience in leading teams and managing budgets.
- Proven track record of successful media relations coverage; proven experience in pitching business and consumer stories to various media outlets, including bloggers.
- Strong writing and editing skills; background in AP-style writing.
- Proven ability to multi-task; strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (nights, weekends, and holidays as needed).
- Ability to work independently while maintaining a high level of performance, working quickly without compromising quality.
- Must have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion regarding confidential matters while maintaining confidentiality.
Physical Requirements for Position:
- The ability to lift up to 25 pounds regularly.
- The ability to work in various Ohio weather conditions, inside and outside.
- The ability to move safely over uneven terrain, steps, or in construction zones.
- The ability to see and respond to hazardous situations.
- The ability to sit, stand, squat, and walk for periods of time as required for the position.
- Must be available to work in Canton, Ohio.
Vision and Strategic Thinking: Sets and champions a clear future direction. Addresses issues to sustain competitive edge and maintain market dominance. Anticipates needs and priorities.
Entrepreneurship: Champions innovation and encourages new ideas. Builds momentum to get things done by communicating clearly and consistently. Acts decisively. Helps others to successfully manage organizational change. Recognizes successes and informed risk-taking.
Integrity: Is ethical and honest in all dealings. Keeps confidences and is highly responsible in managing strictly confidential information. Treats others fairly and equitably. Delivers what is promised. Is respected by others.
Accountability for Results: Sets goals and high standards to accomplish these goals. Follows through on all commitments. Has a sense of direction and keeps focused but knows when to be flexible and adapts accordingly. Maintains a positive attitude despite stress, frustration, and ambiguity; recovers quickly from disappointments and setbacks. Questions how things were done in order to develop ways to do things more efficiently. Encourages diverse thought and welcomes contributions.
Relationship Management/Collaboration: Builds, maintains, and values positive relationships inside and outside the organization. Allocates effort to understanding and meeting needs of customers and targeted prospects, and community leaders. Assists others in accomplishing their goals. Communicates effectively and speaks and writes clearly. Listens and values contributions of others.
Learning Agility: Learns technology, new systems, and processes to improve job proficiency. Inspires and encourages others to learn and grow in their careers.
Coaching and Development: Encourages and inspires employees’ development and long-term career growth. Conveys high expectations for others. Regularly provides helpful guidance and advice.
Execution: Ability to take plans and execute against them to implement profitable outcomes for the company.
ABOUT HALL OF FAME RESORT & ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY
Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: HOFV, HOFVW) is a leading sports, entertainment, media, and gaming enterprise headquartered in Canton, Ohio. The company is dedicated to making every experience one-of-a-kind and comprised of three dynamic business divisions – media, gaming, and destination. Hall of Fame Village Media creates compelling original content across an array of mediums and through high-profile partnerships. Gold Summit Gaming offers exciting, interactive eSports and sports betting experiences for fans of all levels. Hall of Fame Village is an immersive 100+-acre sports and entertainment destination featuring themed attractions, hospitality and live entertainment at its state-of-the-art stadium, sport complexes, amusement rides, and a variety of unique dining and shopping options. For more information the Company visit www.HOFREco.com
ABOUT HALL OF FAME VILLAGE
Hall of Fame Village, a division of Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company, is an immersive 100+-acre sports and entertainment destination in Canton, Ohio centered around the Pro Football Hall of Fame. The Village is dedicated to making one-of-a-kind moments for guests throughout its six venues—Center for Performance, Constellation Center for Excellence, Fan Engagement Zone, ForeverLawn Sports Complex, Play-Action Plaza, and Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium. An indoor football-themed waterpark and Hilton Tapestry Hotel are under construction. Phase III is in planning.
Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.