The Director of Guest Services is primarily responsible for oversight and day-to-day guest experiences at the Hall of Fame Village campus, a subsidiary of the publicly traded Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: HOFV, HOFVW). The ideal candidate will be an independent worker with the experience to have foresight into the needs of the guest experience. This position will report to the VP of Operations and work to develop a comprehensive guest service plan for the entire Hall of Fame Village.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Direct guest service staff, ushers, ticket takers, and ambassadors, ensuring that HOFV delivers our guests the best experience in entertainment.
- Create the guest service experience and journey across all HOFV assets.
- Work with the operational, special event staff, and Food and Beverage team on all events that take place at Hall of Fame Village.
- Coordinate staffing for special events and properties.
- Prepare for upcoming events, monitor attendance, monitor game day staffing numbers, and adjust as needed.
- Work with the operations team on issues that may arise before, during and after events.
- Work with the ticketing department in relation to open seating areas in the venue and for any ticketing issues that may arise before, during and after events.
- Coordinate with all other departments to ensure we are delivering a great guest experience.
- Develop, staff, and execute a Tour Program.
- Learn, be familiar with, and implement ADA guidelines.
- Review and respond to guest comments and communication for areas of responsibility.
- Participate in annual budget process and ongoing monthly review of expenses for areas of responsibility.
- Exhibit fiscally responsible decision making within the department, emphasizing cost savings and efficiencies while maintaining appropriate levels of service to guests.
- Act as the liaison with other departments regarding facility policies, procedures, and staffing as it relates to upcoming events and activations.
- Prepare event summaries after all major events and review with department leadership.
- Work with human resources to produce group training materials for each event. This will include presentation materials and content, training guides, and technology that can help facilitate training to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
- Supervise and provide instruction to guest services intern(s).
- Work with other Guest Services team members throughout the year and provide help as needed, with the possibility of cross-training within all areas departments.
- Will work occasional long hour shifts (12+ hours).
- Field customer escalations involving complex issues or uncommon questions that need additional support.
- Conduct frequent coaching and quality assurance assessments on team members and provide 1 on 1 feedback regularly.
- Assists with being a key point of contact for on-site program issues within guest services scope.
- Recommend new policies and practices that would contribute to a better work environment and overall guest experience.
- Supervision of assigned staff, assuming day-to-day responsibilities for personnel related matters that include but are not limited to:
- Assist during interview process, onboard, and train new hires.
- Complete annual performance reviews for all supervised staff.
- Provide continuous feedback, supervision, and coaching to all supervised staff.
- Formal discipline supervised staff in conjunction with Human Resources.
- Create and maintain schedule, assignments, and attendance.
- Approve time clocks and make adjustments as needed.
- Respond in a timely manner to calls, texts, inquiries, and emails.
- Enforce uniform protocol.
All other duties as assigned.
SALARY / EXEMPT POSITION
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Desired Qualifications:
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED. Associates Degree preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a flexible and reliable team player, both within own department and entire organization.
- Ability to work independently while maintaining a high level of performance, working quickly without compromising quality.
- Must have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion regarding confidential matters while maintaining confidentiality.
- Proven ability in Microsoft Office Suite.
Physical Requirements for Position:
- The ability to lift up to 25 pounds regularly.
- The ability to work in various Ohio weather conditions, inside and outside.
- The ability to move safely over uneven terrain, steps, or in construction zones.
- The ability to see and respond to hazardous situations.
- The ability to sit, stand, squat, and walk for periods of time as required for the position.
- Must be available to work in Canton, Ohio.
- Flexible schedule
- Paid leave
- Medical Insurance
- Dental & Vision
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance
Vision and Strategic Thinking: Addresses issues preemptively, thinks strategically, and anticipates needs and priorities.
Entrepreneurship:Champions innovation and encourages new ideas. Builds momentum to get things done by communicating clearly and consistently. Acts decisively. Helps others to successfully manage organizational change. Recognizes successes and informed risk-taking.
Integrity:Is ethical and honest in all dealings. Keeps confidences and is highly responsible in managing strictly confidential information. Treats others fairly and equitably. Delivers what is promised. Is respected by others.
Accountability for Results:Sets goals and high standards to accomplish these goals. Follows through on all commitments. Has a sense of direction and keeps focused but knows when to be flexible and adapts accordingly. Maintains a positive attitude despite stress, frustration, and ambiguity; recovers quickly from disappointments and setbacks. Questions how things were done in order to develop ways to do things more efficiently. Encourages diverse thought and welcomes contributions.
Relationship Management/Collaboration:Builds, maintains, and values positive relationships inside and outside the organization. Allocates effort to understanding and meeting needs of customers and targeted prospects, and community leaders. Assists others in accomplishing their goals. Communicates effectively and speaks and writes clearly. Listens and values contributions of others.
Learning Agility:Learns technology, new systems, and processes to improve job proficiency. Inspires and encourages others to learn and grow in their careers.
Coaching and Development:Encourages and inspires others’ development and growth while also working to improve themselves. Conveys high expectations both of themselves and for others. Regularly provides helpful guidance and advice and appreciates the opportunity to grow when receiving the same.
Execution: Ability to take plans and successfully execute against them.
ABOUT HALL OF FAME RESORT & ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY
The Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: HOFV, HOFVW) is a resort and entertainment company leveraging the power and popularity of professional football and its legendary players in partnership with the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Headquartered in Canton, Ohio, the Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company is the owner of the Hall of Fame Village, a multi-use sports, entertainment, and media destination centered around the Pro Football Hall of Fame's campus. Additional information on the Company can be found atwww.HOFREco.com.
ABOUT HALL OF FAME VILLAGE
Hall of Fame Village, a Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company Destination, is a mixed-use sports, entertainment, and media destination located in a 200-acre tourism development district in Canton, Ohio. The Pro Football Hall of Fame Museum will serve as the heart of the Hall of Fame Village campus, surrounded by the varied components being built around it. In total, there will be ten additional components that will shape the landscape of George Halas Drive. This once-in-a-lifetime project and company builds upon the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s mission, values, and vision positioned as “The Most Inspiring Place on Earth!” for all those who will play the Game, played the Game, and love the Game.
Today, Hall of Fame Village includes two active components, the National Youth Football & Sports Complex and Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium, and the infrastructure to support additional expansion plans. Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium is a 23,000 seat, best-in-class, sports and entertainment stadium which hosts the Hall of Fame Game (always the first nationally televised NFL game of the season), the Hall of Fame Enshrinement for NFL players, and the Concert for Legends (hosted previously by Tim McGraw, Maroon 5, and Imagine Dragons), as well as the football programs of Canton McKinley High School and Walsh University, the Black College Football Hall of Fame Classic, and many more events year-round, quickly becoming an elite entertainment venue for the region. Additional information on the Company can be found atwww.HOFVillage.com.
Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers.