The Director of Sales & Business Development is primarily responsible for generating new business with local, regional, and national companies through sponsorship sales at Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls, a subsidiary of the publicly traded Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: HOFV, HOFVW). The ideal candidate will be an independent self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Prospect and close new sponsorships that meet Company goals and objectives.
- Upsell and renew existing sponsorships.
- Maximize construction sponsorships that correlate with development expenditures.
- Identify categories for prospective new business leads.
- Develop and present best-in-class sales proposals and presentations to prospective sponsors.
- Build strong relationships with sponsors to ensure long-lasting partnerships.
- Work closely with other members of the Hall of Fame Resort and Entertainment Company to achieve goals of organization while meeting and exceeding individual sales revenue goals.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Follow organizational processes and procedures to ensure compliance of working for a publicly traded company.
- Other duties as assigned.
Vision and Strategic Thinking: Sets and champions a clear future direction. Addresses issues to sustain competitive edge and maintain market dominance. Anticipates needs and priorities.
Entrepreneurship: Champions innovation and encourages new ideas. Builds momentum to get things done by communicating clearly and consistently. Acts decisively. Helps others to successfully manage organizational change. Recognizes successes and informed risk-taking.
Integrity: Is ethical and honest in all dealings. Keeps confidences and is highly responsible in managing strictly confidential information. Treats others fairly and equitably. Delivers what is promised. Is respected by others.
Accountability for Results: Sets goals and high standards to accomplish these goals. Follows through on all commitments. Has a sense of direction and keeps focused, but knows when to be flexible and adapts accordingly. Maintains a positive attitude despite stress, frustration and ambiguity; recovers quickly from disappointments and setbacks. Questions how things were done in order to develop ways to do things more efficiently. Encourages diverse thought and welcomes contributions.
Relationship Management/Collaboration: Builds, maintains and values positive relationships inside and outside the organization. Allocates effort to understanding and meeting needs of customers and targeted prospects, The NFL, Pro Football Hall of Famers, and community leaders. Assists others in accomplishing their goals. Communicates effectively and speaks and writes clearly. Listens and values contributions of others.
Learning Agility: Learns technology, new systems, and processes to improve job proficiency. Inspires and encourages others to learn and grow in their careers.
Coaching and Development: Encourages and inspires employees’ development and long-term career growth. Conveys high expectations for others. Regularly provides helpful guidance and advice.
Execution: Ability to take plans and execute against them to implement profitable outcomes for the company.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Desired Qualifications:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree required, preferably in marketing, sport marketing, communications, business administration or related field.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in direct sales, preferably in a professional sports or hospitality environment.
- Must have experience in selling sponsorships both with both national and regional companies.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to gain and enhance the respect and trust of superiors, peers, subordinates, customers, and the investment community. Most importantly, the ideal candidate will be ethical and have an unquestioned level of personal and professional integrity.
- Must have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion regarding interpersonal relationships.
- Must be a flexible and reliable team player, both within own department and our organization.
- Must possess a strong ability time management and task prioritization.
- Demonstrated success in working in a team environment with the ability to interact and discern and implement the objectives of multiple stakeholders.
- Proven ability in Microsoft Office Suite and CRM input and accountability.
- Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Dental & Vision
- Supplemental Insurance
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.