Under the direction of the Sports Turf Operations Manager, this position will participate in the seeding, fertilization, irrigation, mowing and maintenance of all playing surfaces located at Acrisure Stadium and the UPMC Sports Complex.
**This is a seasonal/hourly position.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the seeding, fertilization, irrigation, mowing and maintenance of all playing surfaces located at Acrisure Stadium and the UPMC Sports Complex
- Participate in special event set-up and clean-up of Acrisure Stadium before, during and after events. Work with PSSI to protect playing surface at all times
- Prepare fields for games and practices
- Mowing, edging, and other general maintenance of landscape and grounds
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move a minimum of 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move 50 pounds
- Must be able to regularly stand, walk, kneel, crouch and use hands to manipulate tools and equipment
- Able to work independently but has a responsibility to coordinate all activity with VP of Stadium Operations
- Must have a valid drivers license and reliable transportation.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, holidays, and extended hours.
- Other duties as assigned
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.