Internship candidates play an integral support role within the Stadium Operations Department. Throughout the offseason, students will be able to gain experience by creating event materials, assist with post-season recaps and pre-season preparations, working on relevant event- and venue--related projects, and building and maintaining relationships.
Assist in coordination of Acrisure Stadium event management functions including staffing, communication, and operational preparations. Actively be involved in departmental initiatives and plans with the opportunity to participate in the execution of events as needed. Independently manage multiple tasks as assigned by Stadium Operations Department involving inventory, supplies, developing resources, and correspondence. Candidates will have the opportunity to learn and apply knowledge related to venue management systems. Assist with planning, execution, and delivery of hiring events and training sessions. Provide support for check-in procedures, training item distribution, catering, venue set up, and possible facilitation if applicable. The successful candidate will possess the ability to effectively correspond and communicate with game day team members, internal staff, and partners. Candidates will assist in identifying professional goals throughout the course of the internship. Key one-on-one sessions with management, group workshops, and learning opportunities will be dedicated to career assessment and career growth. Spring Interns will work on a rotational basis with all stadium operations departments including Guest Service, Event Operations, Suite Operations, Club Events, and Entertainment Marketing.
- This internship will begin in January and run through mid-May.
- All candidates must be eligible to receive academic credit for this opportunity and provide housing in the Pittsburgh area.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in Sport Management, Facility Management, Event Management or related field.
- Microsoft Office proficiency is a must.
- Student must be available 4-5 days a week between the hours of 10am and 5pm as well as select nights, weekends, and/or holidays for events.
- Analytical skills, a drive for results, effective communication, self-starter, ability to multi-task, ability to work in a fast paced and busy work environment, organized, guest focus, interest in events, and passion for sports.
- This position requires working 40+ hours per week during game or event weeks.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.