Summary: USA Football is currently looking to hire U.S. National Team interns that will assist with the recruitment of middle school and high school aged athletes to progress through the U.S. National Team program. Athletes who progress through the program will have the opportunity to represent the United States on the football field against international competition in events such as the International Bowl and World Championships. Selected candidates will learn and execute sales processes from beginning to end. Selected candidates will learn how to generate and qualify leads based off of organizational needs. Interns will also gain exposure to different sales-marketing tactics to further promote Regional Development Camps. Selected candidates will gain invaluable experience interfacing directly with customers (parents, players, and coaches) throughout athletes’ registration process. Once registered, interns will oversee an athletes’ post- registration engagement. This role will also require candidates to manage the U.S. National Team’s CRM system, including the processing of player evaluations conducted on-site. Candidates will also be considered to work on-site at select Regional Development Camp locations & other USA Football events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute outbound and field inbound phone calls & correspond to coaches, athletes, and parents via email to promote USA Football’s Regional Development Camps and other National Team programs
- Identify and prospect recruiting list for various markets across the United States
- Drive new leads and referrals
- Assist the National Team programs through operations planning conference calls and support on-site at events as needed
- Manage and operate CRM systems
- Lead processing of football operations player evaluations for attendees
Education: Recent graduate (within past 6 months) or current college student pursuing a degree in business, sports management, or related area.
- Prior sales experience or event operations preferred, however not necessary
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Football knowledge a plus
- Demonstrated teamwork and work ethic
- Strong organizational skills
- Internship begins September 3, 2019 and ends December 6, 2019
- Internship is full-time (40 hours/week)
- Interns receive a $775 monthly stipend plus parking allowance
- Reports to Senior Director, Sales
- Position will be located at USA Football’s headquarters based in Indianapolis, IN
- Must secure housing and transportation in Indianapolis
- USA Football supports interns seeking academic credit
- Interns must identify learning goals and work with supervisor to achieve goals
- Examine the organization and its industry/environment
- Analyze and interpret functions and responsibilities
- Observe professionals in various roles and participate with them where appropriate
- Apply academic learning to practical and professional work experiences
- Learn how to perform specific tasks
NO PHONE CALLS – UNSOLICITED CALLS AND EMAILS WILL NOT BE RETURNED.
About USA Football
USA Football (www.usafootball.com
) evolves and grows the sport through innovative standards and best practices to advance coach and player development, participation and safety within the fun of the game and its inherent values. As the sport’s national governing body and member of the U.S. Olympic Committee, USA Football partners with leaders in medicine, child advocacy and athletics to support positive football experiences for youth, high school and other amateur players. Follow USA Football at www.facebook.com/usafootball
or on Twitter @USAFootball.
USA Football provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.