Summary: The USA Football Events team seeks to hire a dedicated individual who will assist with planning and execution of USA Football’s portfolio of events including U.S. National Team events, USA Football’s National Conference, and NFL FLAG from September 2019 through January 2020.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Event Team with operational and logistical planning for events such as International Bowl, USA Football National Conference, Regional Camps, NFL FLAG and Coaching Clinics.
- Assist with on-site execution of International Bowl Week and NFL FLAG events.
- Manage event elements such as event registration, hotel operations, catering F&B, equipment ordering, asset movement, inventory, organization of storage unit, and event teardown/setup.
- Work directly with suppliers, facilities, hotels, and catering partners.
- Recruit volunteers and athletic trainers to work all of USA Football events.
- Work in collaboration with various USA Football Departments which supports events including Marketing, Communications, Football Development, Legal, Digital, and Finance
Education: Recent graduate (within past 6 months) or current student pursuing a degree in business, sports management or related area
- Recent graduate (within 6 months) or current student in business, sports management or related area
- Experience with a sports team, athletic department or event operations is necessary
- Ability to lift/push/pull 50 lbs. on a regular basis and stand/walk for long periods of time
- Detail-oriented and organized; ability to multi-task and solve problems (including hands-on problems)
- Quality writing and communication skills
- Organizational and project management skills
- Demonstrated teamwork and work ethic
- Internship begins September 3, 2019 and ends January 31,2020
- Internship is full-time (40 hours/week)
- Internships are unpaid, with a $775 nominal monthly stipend, plus parking allowance
- Reports to Senior Coordinator, Events
- Position will be located at USA Football’s headquarters based in Indianapolis, IN
- Must secure housing and transportation in Indianapolis
- USA Football supports interns seeking academic credit
- Interns must identify learning goals and work with supervisor to achieve goals
- Examine the organization and its industry/environment
- Analyze and interpret functions and responsibilities
- Observe professionals in various roles and participate with them where appropriate
- Apply academic learning to practical and professional work experiences
- Learn how to perform specific tasks
NO PHONE CALLS – UNSOLICITED CALLS AND EMAILS WILL NOT BE RETURNED.
About USA Football
designs and delivers premier educational, developmental and competitive programs to advance and grow the sport. As the sport’s national governing body, member of the U.S. Olympic Committee and organizer of the U.S. National Team for international competition, USA Football partners with leaders in medicine, child advocacy and athletics to support positive football experiences for youth, high school and other amateur players. Follow us on Facebook
or on Twitter
AAP/EEO Statement USA Football provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.