MetLife Stadium is currently accepting applications for two (2) Event Operation Interns for the 2023 summer event season. This Internship will allow students to learn approaches to quick decision making, efficient communication, detailed event planning and execution of successful events. Involvement in the internship at MetLife stadium will promote opportunities which will allow Individuals to progress towards career and personal goals while gaining valuable event operations experience.
Interns will work closely with the Facilities Operations Team, along with other departments throughout the organization to gain insight and knowledge on the inner workings of an operations department and how they work in conjunction for event success. Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Assist facility operations staff with pre- and post- event setup and breakdown.
- Work in conjunction with all internal unities including Fleet Operations, Ticketing, Guest Services, Site Operations, Field Operations and the Mail and Warehouse areas.
- Learn general day-to-day operations of the facility department.
- Assist Event Operations staff with event related activations, promotions, and sponsors.
- Shadow Facility Operations staff during event days to learn what is needed to execute a successful event.
- Learn and be able to understand necessary event planning required by the Event Operations team to implement events while also ensuring building maintenance is completed.
- Understand detailed event pre-planning as well as post-event debriefing.
- Shadow facility operations staff regarding the multiple vendors and contractors that are utilized during events.
- Will perform other duties assigned.
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast-paced environment
- Interest in working in a sports related field or venue management
- Previous experience working in a professional work environment
- Evidence of successfully developing and maintaining professional working relationships
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Provide strong communication skills
- Adhere to MetLife Stadium policies and procedures while working at the stadium
- Must be able to attend events in the evening, weekend and often holidays
*This is an unpaid internship, but academic credit can be arranged if allowed by the University (however, it is not mandatory that an intern needs to receive course credit). Our staff will be more than willing to assist with feedback, evaluations and weekly progress reports dependent on the University and their requirements.