INDIANA CONVENTION CENTER & LUCAS OIL STADIUM
POSITION TITLE: Ticket Office Manager
Department: Stadium Management
Reports To: Program Coordinator
FLSA Status: Exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: The Ticket Office Manager is responsible for the supervision of the day-to-day functions of the Ticket Office. Accountability is to the Program Coordinator.
- Work with promoters to create a manifest for events.
- Order/audit tickets through Weldon and William & Lick, if applicable.
- Work with TicketMaster on entering event in system.
- Make signs for events.
- Print tickets for promoters.
- Print promoter holds and comps.
- Figure daily seller sheets, credit card functions, overage/ shortage reports.
- Assist in database/spreadsheet maintenance for large mail-in order events.
- Process mail orders.
- Count change for events.
- Perform treasurer duties for various events.
- Make sure capacity and pricing is correct.
- Organize event day procedures instructing sellers on all duties.
- Monitor customer service needs, answer incoming calls with event information.
- Generate post event reports.
- Pick up/process incoming and outgoing mail.
- Make recommendations related to hiring, firing or other changes in employee status.
- Train, Supervise and direct Assistant Ticket Office Manager and Sellers in daily responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned by Stadium Director.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and be skilled in oral and written communication. Must have flexibility in days and hours available for scheduled events, including weekends.
Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups or managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
KNOWLEDGE, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Knowledge of Ticketmaster System.
- Knowledge of Excel and Word.
This position supervises three subordinate supervisors: Assistant Ticket Office Manager, Ticket Office Bookkeeper. There are a total of 1 – 40 employees that are supervised by this position.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
This position requires constant sitting and oral communication. Frequent standing and occasional walking, climbing stairs and repetitive finger motion.