About the Jacksonville Jaguars
The Jacksonville Jaguars are a professional football team and a member of the National Football League’s AFC South Division. The Jaguars are one of the NFL’s youngest franchises, playing their first regular season home game on September 3, 1995 in Jacksonville, Fla., and have since won four division titles. The Jaguars are owned by Shahid Khan, a visionary leader whose businesses include Flex-N-Gate, Fulham Football Club, All Elite Wrestling, Bold Events and Iguana Investments. Since 2012, Mr. Khan’s impact on the Northeast Florida community has exceeded $500 million, including charitable giving through the Jaguars Foundation, capital improvements to EverBank Stadium and the creation of Daily’s Place, which hosts upwards of 40 concerts a year. Over the next several years, the Jaguars and Iguana Investments will build a new Sports Performance Center to house all football operations and launch Phase 1 of the Shipyards, a complete reimagination of the riverfront which will include a Four Seasons hotel, office building and modernized marina.
The Jaguars company values are Passion, Respect, Innovation, Dedication and Empowerment (PRIDE). The Jaguars believe in the importance of diversity, continual learning and transparency. We also understand the role that excitement, originality and fun play in the workplace. All of these ideas come together to build a strong and dynamic workplace culture. Because of this, we are dedicated to, and encouraged by, leading the way in developing a distinct and inclusive team.
The Jacksonville Jaguars are committed to developing talent and interest in professional sports. An internship at the Jaguars will provide you the chance to explore your career interests, acquire marketable job skills while “learning the ropes” of the industry, establish professional contacts, and gain practical “hands on” experience while working at the highest level of professional sports.
Jaguars internships offer meaningful educational work experiences designed to meet your academic and career goals. Management and staff will teach and encourage, but it’s up to you to bring an enthusiasm to learn. Through this program, you will identify learning goals and work with the Jaguars management to achieve those goals.
The Social Media Intern will serve as a direct bridge between our fanbase and organization. In addition to covering the Jacksonville Jaguars throughout the 2023-24 season, this internship will provide an opportunity to grow as a social media marketer and collaborate across departments. Applicants should have editorial and digital experience and a passion for sports, specifically professional football.
What You Will Learn from Your Job Responsibilities
- An all-encompassing understanding of social marketing, one of our most important touchpoints with fans and customers
- Gain experience in the fast-paced and rapidly changing social industry. Learning how to prioritize work and optimize content for a given platform
- Understand the front-office side of football by helping to plan campaigns to reach wider audiences, sell tickets, promote events and drive revenue
- Must be eligible to receive college credit for the internship OR have graduated within 18 months of the internship start date.
- Attention to detail, strong communication and organization skills
- Willing and able to be a self-starter
- Willing to relocate or live within close proximity of TIAA Bank Field, with a reliable mode of transportation
- Able to work well under pressure and in fast-paced environments to balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be available to work on-site on gamedays
- Experience capturing and producing social-first content in various forms
- 1+ years of social media experience, including copywriting and publishing across platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Threads, Snapchat, and TikTok
- Knowledge in interpreting social media analytics to gauge campaign success and inform strategy decisions
- 1+ years of experience in Adobe software, specifically Photoshop and Premiere
- A demonstrated passion for creating viral content through videography, photography, graphics, and editing
- Previous experience in the sports industry
- Experience with Adobe’s Creative Suite
- After Effects motion graphics
- Public Relations experience
- Knowledge in Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics
- Experience working with outside partners/sponsors; managing expectations and creating co-branded content
- Term: October - March
- Chosen Interns are responsible for personal accommodations, such as local housing and transportation.
- Internships at the Jaguars are paid positions.
Applications are being accepted online only. Please do not call to apply for this position. Please provide complete information. An incomplete application may affect your consideration for this position. The Jacksonville Jaguars are committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, rules, or legal requirements.
By submitting this application, you understand that you may be subject to a pre-employment drug test. You certify that the information in your application is true, correct and complete. You authorize the Jaguars and its representatives to contact your prior and current employer and other references and all others for purposes of confirmation of the information you have provided. You understand your application is subject to, among other things, your eligibility to work in the United States.
Any personal data (including any sensitive personal data) that you provide to the Jaguars as part of the recruitment process and/or otherwise for potential employment may be held and processed for the purposes of your registration, application and potential selection and in connection with any subsequent employment or placement at the Jaguars or any of its affiliates. That data may be retained and further processed for the purposes of matching your skills and qualifications to future positions, identifying you as a potential candidate for future positions, to inform you of future positions and analytics in respect of who applies for positions with the Jaguars. If you are selected for the opportunity for which you apply, your personal data may be used for the purposes of entering into a relationship with the Jaguars, including sending you correspondence or general information relating to the employment relationship. Your personal data may be disclosed to Jaguars affiliates and to third-party organizations providing services to the Jaguars. Your personal data will be retained in accordance with the Jaguars document retention policies and applicable laws.