About the Jacksonville Jaguars
The Jacksonville Jaguars are a professional football team and a member of the National Football League. The Jaguars are one of the NFL’s youngest franchises, and played its first regular season home game on September 3, 1995. The Jaguars are owned by Shahid Khan, a visionary leader whose businesses include Flex-N-Gate, Fulham Football Club and All Elite Wrestling. The Jaguars play at TIAA Bank Field in downtown Jacksonville, Florida. Under Mr. Khan’s leadership, TIAA Bank Field has evolved to include some of the most unique stadium assets, including swim spas and 19 video boards, two of which are longer than a football field.
The Jaguars are in the process of creating our Stadium of the Future, a critical component of downtown’s ongoing revitalization. In order to relocate our football operations and provide upgraded training and practice facilities, we are currently constructing a state-of-the-art, 125,000-square-foot sports performance center — Miller Electric Center — which will represent the first step towards the Stadium of the Future. Miller Electric Center will contain locker rooms, team and positional meeting rooms, training and recovery areas, medical support facilities, weight room, dining facilities, office space and a draft room. Additionally, there will be two full-size grass practice fields and a full-size indoor practice field. Public viewing stands, restrooms, concession areas and a team store are also part of the plans.
The Jaguars company values are Passion, Respect, Innovation, Dedication and Empowerment (PRIDE). We believe in the importance of diversity, continual learning and transparency. We also understand the role that excitement, originality and fun play in the workplace. All of these ideas come together to build a strong and dynamic workplace culture. Because of this, we are dedicated to, and encouraged by, leading the way in developing a distinct and inclusive team.
The Building Engineer will be responsible for maintaining all building systems and building automation programs as well as providing technical repairs preventative maintenance to these systems.
Oversee daily operation and maintenance of HVAC and BAS equipment
- Identifies maintenance risks of HVAC equipment
- Manage preventative maintenance schedules and coordinate extensive repairs to systems with outside vendors or contractors
- Assists in repairs of refrigeration units, plumbing and electrical and other mechanical systems
- Complies with establish OSHA procedures
- Assists with overall technical repairs to the building facility
- Must be able to work in fast-paced environment
- The building engineer reports directly to the Director of Facility Operations
- Bachelor’s Degree
- HVAC certification is required
- Certified Building Engineer(CBE) Certification is preferred but not required
- Ability to lift 25lbs, 50lbs, and 80lbs regularly.
- Ability to effectively manage the financial and operational aspects of multiple projects and department activities.
- 3-5 year of experience with capital projects.
- Exceptional attention to detail, organizational and multi-tasking skills required.
- Exceptional evaluation, prioritization, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to anticipate, plan, recommend, implement, and follow-through required.
- Ability to perform duties proactively and collaboratively required.
- Ability to work flexible schedule.
Perks and Offerings
Here is insight into some of the perks and offerings of the Jaguars:
Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance options.
- Mobile phone stipend.
- 100% match of the employee’s contribution, up to 5% of income, in company 401(k) program.
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave, including adoption.
- Company provided lunch, during the work week.
- Wellness Programs inclusive of: Employee Assistance Program through NFL Lifeline; access to Head Team Psychologist; Calm app subscription; access to onsite weight facility; company sponsored rec leagues; company provided FitBit; significant discounts to local YMCA; wellness challenges.
- Team member recognition program and various company events and celebrations.
- 17 paid company holidays in addition to 17 days of PTO (that’s over 1 month of paid time off!); Summer Fridays
- JagsU and various company and departmental training and development options.
- Various employee events.
- Opportunity to receive tickets to various events such as Jaguars home games and concerts, as well as other local, ticketed events.
- Various other perks and discounts through local partners.
- Onsite notary.
- Perks and offerings are subject to change and may be dependent upon role.
Applications are being accepted online only. Please do not call to apply for this position. Please provide complete information. An incomplete application may affect your consideration for this position. The Jacksonville Jaguars and Bold Events are committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, rules, or legal requirements.
By submitting this application, you understand that you may be subject to a pre-employment drug test. You certify that the information in your application is true, correct and complete. You authorize the Jaguars and its representatives to contact your prior and current employer and other references and all others for purposes of confirmation of the information you have provided. You understand your application is subject to, among other things, your eligibility to work in the United States.
Any personal data (including any sensitive personal data) that you provide to the Jaguars and Bold Events as part of the recruitment process and/or otherwise for potential employment may be held and processed for the purposes of your registration, application and potential selection and in connection with any subsequent employment or placement at the Jaguars or any of its affiliates. That data may be retained and further processed for the purposes of matching your skills and qualifications to future positions, identifying you as a potential candidate for future positions, to inform you of future positions and analytics in respect of who applies for positions with the Jaguars or any of its affiliates. If you are selected for the opportunity for which you apply, your personal data may be used for the purposes of entering into a relationship with the Jaguars or Bold Events, including sending you correspondence or general information relating to the employment relationship. Your personal data may be disclosed to Jaguars affiliates and to third-party organizations providing services to the Jaguars and Bold Events. Your personal data will be retained in accordance with the Jaguars and Bold Events document retention policies and applicable laws.