In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Support 81Eighty by creating and maintaining fit standards and quality across all products throughout the product lifecycle. The Technical Designer works cross functionally across all brands to establish and maintain market standards and brand integrity. By using a critical eye for detail, this role ensures accurate translation of design into quality final product.
- Must have educational or experiential foundation in fashion and/or technical design from accredited design school or company.
- Critical eye for proper apparel fit and construction and ability to communicate corrections effectively.
- Balance creativity with technical capability and interpret design sketches for tech packs.
Well-versed in variety of apparel classifications including fabrication, sizing and silhouette variations.
- Strong understanding of both Men’s and Women’s extended sizes
- Able to effectively balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Both effective as a team player and working independently
- Create and maintain technical foundations from which all styles are developed and communicate updates to Apparel Designers:
- All Template Maintenance (Grading, Construction), Size Scales, Block/Blank Development, Foundational Pattern Analysis and Patternmaking
- Acts as primary support to the Designer by assisting with sketch updates, trend direction, and providing workable construction solutions.
- Ownership of tech pack specifications and details inside WFX for all apparel styles
- Respond to factory inquiries relating to fit/spec/construction and update tech packs accordingly.
- Schedule and perform weekly fit sessions on live models/standard dress forms.
- Evaluate fit of prototypes, communicating changes with factories.
- Utilize digital photos, technical sketches, detailed instructions, and comments from fit sessions to communicate corrections.
- Maintain fit model database and assist with fit model analysis.
- Provide prep/fit comment support by uploading vendor measurements, inputting comment templates, and providing solutions to complex pattern corrections as needed.
- Understand and react to industry fit and sizing standards through market fit analysis and Alvanon educational tools for Men’s, Women’s and extended size apparel categories.
- Establish and Conducts internal Wear Tests to ensure size ranges are current and to validate the fit and function of current seasonal styles.
- Utilize factory base and market research to remain current on construction and manufacturing trends within established price point goals.
- Comply with all departmental processes for timely resolution of all issues relating to the manufacture of the products and best methods to ensure efficiencies.
- Adhere to Creation Timelines including strict adherence to departmental turn-times for speed to market and closing relevant tracks in WFX.
- Create and maintain Tech Pack Building Trackers for all product categories at the start of each major collection and RFP (Fall,[MH1] [MH2] Spring, and Winter for AT&T Team Colors and AT&T Brand Shop, Whataburger)
- Run Weekly Sample Late Task Report in WFX to follow up on late sample submits for all apparel categories.
Attend and Participate in all internal Product Reviews and customer Line Reviews
- Maintain all sample ETA’s.
- Prep and photograph all garments prior to reviews.
- Ensure all digital photos are current within the shared Server and SharePoint
- Formulate detailed notes and carry out next steps in a timely manner.
Ownership of weekly Design Collaborations with Graphic departments
- Provide graphic placement grading at initial tech pack and Pre-Production stage.
- Liaison between Design, Graphics, and Sourcing to ensure art is created and updated within target margins.
- Assist with the occasional custom product requests by establishing product measurement and technical details (ie. PPE masks and soft goods)
Assist in training and guiding Assistant Designer
- Strategically delegating daily workload
- Providing support in any questions/complex projects
- Reports to: Design Manager
- Direct Reports: N/A
The Dallas Cowboys provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.