The Dallas Cowboys 50/50 Charity Raffle benefiting The Salvation Army raises vital funds to help support the many social service programs available to those in need. Since 2016, the Raffle has raised more than half a million dollars to assist youth, veterans, disaster relief, homeless and more served by The Salvation Army.
The 50/50 charity raffle occurs at Dallas Cowboys home games in accordance with Texas law, with one lucky winner receiving 50% of the jackpot (after allowable expenses) from that specific game. The team foundation’s charitable beneficiary – The Salvation Army – receives the other 50% of the net proceeds.
This part-time, game day employee will be responsible for troubleshooting and assisting a group of charity raffle ticket sellers and volunteers during each Dallas Cowboys home game to help benefit The Salvation Army. This person is a motivating force that helps rally the sales team to meet goals and expectations during each raffle.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Charity raffle ticket captains will oversee raffle ticket sellers and volunteers assigned within specific zones of AT&T Stadium. The captain will be responsible for collecting seller cash at various points during the game and assisting the sellers with problems that might arise with their devices.
· Training on using and troubleshooting the devices and printer will be provided.
· The captains will be expected to meet with the sales staff for their zones with the raffle supervisor prior to each game to go over goals and expectations.
· Captains will assign the raffle supervisor in checking out raffle equipment and uniforms, as well as other administrative duties as assigned.
· Captains will help allocate break time for sellers during the game and take over a sales location as needed when a seller must step away for a break moment.
· Employees must act in a professional manner: Absolutely NO consumption of alcohol or smoking; no socialization or cell phone use while selling unless communicating with the sellers or the raffle supervisor.
· Must be responsible and held accountable for all cash sales throughout the night, reconciling the devices correctly throughout the game.
· Dress code is required: wear comfortable black shoes, as you will be standing the whole game; black slacks/pants, with white undershirt; raffle uniform polos will be provided at check-in for every game and must be returned at check-out.
· Must arrive at least 90 minutes prior to plazas opening and should be expected to be on-site until the end of the fourth quarter.
QUALIFICATIONS & EMPLOYEE CHARACTERISTICS:
· Prior sales experience is strongly preferred, but not required
· Available to work all Dallas Cowboys home games (preseason, regular season, playoffs); a season schedule can be found at: http://www.dallascowboys.com/schedule
· Must have exceptional oral communication skills
· Must be personable and extroverted to encourage fans to purchase charity raffle tickets
· Should be able to motivate co-workers towards sales goals and work successfully under pressure
· Expected to quickly move throughout the building, via staircases, escalators, etc.
· Should be comfortable using digital technology
· Must be 18 years or older to be eligible to work the charity raffle
· Must pass criminal background check
Ideal raffle employees are enthusiastic sales people with excellent communications skills who understand that their positive attitude and work ethic can help generate considerable charitable funds to help our neighbors in need of hand up in life. Be a part of the game day excitement at AT&T Stadium, while making a difference for others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.