*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
JOB SUMMARY: The Data Scientist role plays an integral role in the Kansas City Chiefs organization. As a member of the Strategy and Analytics team you will support operations by developing statistical models and analyses for key revenue generating areas. Provide key insights and supporting data for existing initiatives as well as utilizing data-supported recommendations to encourage growth.
- Develop and maintain a standard suite of reports that enable company executives and department leaders to effectively read the business
- Collaborate with the Information Technology team to develop applications that influence real-time, data-driven decision making
- Develop innovative analytical solutions to predict customer behaviors and recommend actions to drive desired outcomes as well as research key trends affecting our industries.
- Assist in ongoing quantitative analysis including dynamic pricing, retention, lead scoring, customer segmentation, financial modeling and sentiment analysis.
- Build informative dashboards for key partners via the department’s business data visualization solutions
- Work closely with data warehouse vendor to ensure data timeliness and accuracy.
- Evaluate new technologies and data sources for revenue generation and time/cost savings potential.
- Respond to ad-hoc requests from a variety of company decision-makers.
- Identify opportunities to initiate new projects and research
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Required):
- Knowledge with a statistical computing language such as R or Python
- Experience building and troubleshooting complex statistical data models (ex- Regression, Neural Networks…)
- Proficiency in SQL and familiarity with database administration and schema design
- Ability to join and produce data from a variety of sources
- Experience with data visualization software (Tableau, Power BI, Plotly)
- Ability to discover actionable insights from a dataset
- Problem solving capabilities for a wide variety of challenges
- Willingness to work collaboratively with others across the organization
- Attention to detail while creating visually-pleasing reports
- Able to work long/flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Familiarity with Microsoft products (Excel, PowerPoint, Dynamics CRM)
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Preferred):
- 2+ years of experience working in an applicable role
- Experience working with 3rd party APIs
- Experience with Data visualization tools
- Yes/No: Do you have a degree in Economics, Statistics, Math, Engineering, Computer Science, or another quantitative field?
- Yes/No: Do you have experience with Creating Data Complex Data Models?
- Yes/No: Do you have experience with Data Visualization Tools (Tableau/ Plotly)?
- Yes/No: Do you have experience working in sports?