Position Profile: Stadium Services Cleaning and Recycling Coordinator
Department: Stadium Services
Reports to: Stadium Services Manager
Status: Full Time, Salaried-Exempt
JOB SUMMARY: Coordinates all cleaning activities pertaining to post-clean. Coordinates cleaning activities pertaining to event prep, preventative maintenance, and daily cleaning. Serves as coordinator for sustainability initiatives, engagement, and communications, and will develop, coordinate, and promote effective sustainability initiatives to reduce the Kansas City Chiefs’ impact on the environment.
- Candidate shall possess and display great attention to detail.
- Experience supervising, coordinating, and planning operations for staff (full-time, part-time, seasonal, temporary labor) to include cleaning of Arrowhead Stadium and the University of Kansas Health System Training Complex.
- Serves as liaison between the Kansas City Chiefs and various contractors to assure communication and resource coordination for sustainability programs and projects.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with trash hauling, labor companies, recycling services.
- Experience with waste stream and recycling contractors.
- Developing and advising on written policies and procedures relevant to post event cleanup and recycling.
- Develop and review Stadium Services policies and procedures.
- Assists in defining sustainability goals and tracks performance metrics to assess program effectiveness.
- Leads post clean operation and manages to the Post Clean Budget.
- Operation of multiple pieces of equipment, including but not limited to Mini Trucks, Cushman Haulsters, Gators, John Deere tractors, power washers, backpack blowers, Little Wonders.
- Implements and maintains internal sustainability training and programming.
- Promotion and internal marketing of the Kansas City Chiefs’ recycling program. Creates promotional and educational materials by writing and editing content for brochures, fliers, bulletin board displays, sustainability guides, and training materials.
- Chairs the “Extra Yard for the Environment” Committee and schedules monthly meetings.
- Utilizes the work order system, called ISS 24/7, and the communicator devices to strategically assign work and monitor progress.
- Assist Stadium Services Supervisor in leadership and direction of staff and operation for both Arrowhead Stadium and the University of Kansas Health System Training Complex.
- Supports the overall success of the Kansas City Chiefs’ sustainability efforts by performing all other duties as assigned.
- Motivation-Demonstrates excellent personal motivation and encourages others to be motivated and enthusiastic. Shows leadership, persistence, grit, and determination to and overcome obstacles. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Analytical Skills-Synthesize information; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs and generates creative solutions.
- Problem Solving-Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully. Must be able to develop solutions quickly and effectively.
- Oral Communications-Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification. Demonstrates group presentation skills and participates in meetings.
- Written Communications- Writes clearly and informatively.
- Innovation-Displays original thinking and creativity. Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
- Judgment-Displays willingness to make decisions and exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Includes appropriate people in decision making process.
- Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- Long periods of standing and walking required.
- On occasion, lifting up to 60 pounds and possibly over the shoulder.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED (EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS)
- Bachelor’s degree and or experience in business or related field.
- Experience with recycling or green initiatives and programs.
- Proficient in all Microsoft office products.
- Three or more years of progressive leadership experience.