Position Profile: Utility Maintenance (Hose Crew)
Department: Stadium Services
Reports to: Stadium Services Supervisor
Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt, Union
Shift Hours: 7:00am- 3:30pm, Monday – Friday
You must meet all of the requirements listed. The shifts will be awarded to the employee that has the best skill set and meets all of the requirements listed. This will be removed in 7 days.
JOB SUMMARY: Utility Maintenance employees are responsible for cleaning GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium, The University of Kansas Health System Training Complex and surrounding grounds.
- Stadium Seating Bowl – Hose seating bowl and prepare field and upper lvl seating areas for games and events. Sweep and ensure drains are clear. Use ladders and dusters to clean TVs, LED Ribbon Boards, Speakers, and Railings.
- Preparation - Organize and set hoses and equipment to prep for week in seating bowl. Ensure seating areas on field and upper level are properly cleaned and ready for games and events.
- Clean Concourses- Assist with the cleaning of concourses to ensure cleaning occurs efficiently and punctually.
- Snow Removal – Ability to work in the freezing temperatures for extended periods of time at all times of day or night, carry 50lb bags of ice melt for distances and upstairs, shovel snow and walkways, scatter ice melt, and be on call at any time.
- Trash and Recycle Removal- Ability to recognize the difference between recycle, compost, and trash materials and identify proper disposal techniques of all materials
- Restrooms – Maintain cleanliness utilizing proper equipment (Kaivac), chemicals, and supplies. Restock paper products.
- Carpet Care and Soft Surface Maintenance – Utilize orbot machine, chariot, vacuums, and extractor along with appropriate chemicals so clean carpet and similar surfaces
- Hard Surface Maintenance – Utilize orbot machine, kaivic and appropriate chemicals to clean and disinfect hard surfaces.
- Power Washer Work - Use trailered power washer and portable power washer to clean totes, concourse, aprons, equipment and other areas of facilities.
- Equipment - Able to operate, clean and identify problems with light and heavy equipment including pressure washers, lifts, kaivac machine, tractors, manual and automatic transmission, tennant machine, pull a trailer and other pieces of equipment necessary to complete work.
- Technical Skills- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Motivation- Demonstrates excellent personal motivation and encourages others to be motivated and enthusiastic. Shows persistence and overcomes obstacles. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Communication and Professionalism- Must have good communication and be professional at all times.
- Teamwork- Proven ability to take direction from supervisor or lead and complete given task. Able to work in small and large team to complete tasks
- Judgment- Displays willingness to make decisions and exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Includes appropriate people in decision making process.
- Walk and stand
- Bend forward
- Kneel down
- Push and pull objects
- Lift and/or move up to 50 lbs, sometimes over shoulder.
- Repetitive bending and lifting of items
- Repetitive arm movements
- Complete work off ladders and lifts
- Reports to work each day and on time, and works extra hours when needed.
- Employee must comply with proper safety policies and procedures as required (i.e. when using cleaning chemicals, reporting incidents, etc).
- Provides excellent level of customer service to both internal and external customers.
- The employee must be able to determine the neatness, accuracy and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Able to work in all weather conditions with appropriate equipment
- If required to travel for business maintains a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Must undergo and pass a background check.
- Must be approved by Management.