*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Position Profile: Producer
Department: Content and Production
Reports to: Director of Production
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
JOB SUMMARY: The Kansas City Chiefs are looking for a passionate and creative full-time Video Producer to work with their in-house production team, 65 Toss Power Trap Productions. This Producer will serve as a visual storyteller in the production of short/mid/and longform features. This role will play an integral part in all aspects of 65TPT’s content creation including social media, television shows, and in-stadium production efforts.
- Produce and edit video content for Chiefs digital and social channels, TV shows, in-stadium show and preseason games and other miscellaneous events.
- Work as a camera operator to capture footage of practice, games, press conferences, in-studio player and coach interviews, feature b-roll, scenic footage, and more.
- Assist in the production of Hy-Vee Chiefs Insider, our magazine show broadcast regionally.
- Work alongside other producers on the team to ideate new and creative short/mid/and longform feature ideas.
- Edit branded content that will live on Chiefs social and broadcast programming.
- Use Adobe Creative Suite to assemble, edit, process, color correct, format, and export video projects from start to finish.
- Actively seek out industry trends and new technology and techniques that will elevate and enhance our content on all channels.
- Use Chiefs media asset management software (CatDV) to ingest, categorize and organize game and practice footage, interviews, feature b-roll and press conferences.
- Perform tasks as needed – including but not limited to: live production, shooting, sound recording, gripping, edit direction, music scoring, color correction, audio editing and mixing, graphic design / animation and copywriting.
- Able to work individually or as a team on projects.
- Perform additional duties as assigned from time-to-time by Director of Production.
- Technical Skills - Must assess own strengths and weaknesses; pursue training and development opportunities. Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Oral Communications - Must Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listen and get clarification. Demonstrate group presentation skills and participate in meetings.
- Written Communications - Must Write clearly and informatively.
- Leadership - Exhibit confidence in self and others; inspire and motivate others to perform well. Readily accept feedback from others and provide vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Innovation - Display original thinking and creativity. Meet challenges with resourcefulness.
- Judgment - Display willingness to make decisions and exhibit sound and accurate judgment. Include appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Motivation - Demonstrate excellent personal motivation and encourage others to be motivated and enthusiastic. Show persistence and overcome obstacles. Take calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Light office duties and activities.
- Will periodically be required to lift and carry production equipment totaling 50-75 lbs.
- Understanding of NFL rules, gameplay, players etc.
- Organizational skills and ability to manage time effectively while working on multiple projects
- Must be a team player, willing and able to learn new concepts and processes, and willing to travel for shoots when necessary.
- Background working in college or pro sports a plus.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required, as well as all Chiefs games, home and away.
- A minimum of 1-3 years of assisting/coordinating or associate work in the video production field is required.
- Comfortable using and shooting with small and large format cameras (The team is currently using Arri Alexa Mini and Amira cinema cameras).
- Proficiency in tracking and measuring the success of video content in the digital space and the ability to apply those lessons to future creative strategy.
- Extensive demonstrated knowledge of production equipment needed. (Expertise in post-production, field/studio/location-production, sound recording and program development and execution needed).
- Must be proficient using Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro or Avid.
- Design acumen with Adobe After Effects / Photoshop a must.
- Demonstrated polished communication and learning skills.
- Versatility, organization, and dependability a must.
- College degree required.
*Must Furnish Reel / Work Samples and References.