In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
POSITION PROFILE: Network Engineer
REPORTS TO: Director of Technology Infrastructure
STATUS: Full-Time, Exempt
JOB SUMMARY: We are seeking a skilled network engineer to manage our Cisco network in an exciting and fast paced environment. This person will have the opportunity to work with a variety of data communication systems in a large entertainment venue, including a Cisco SD-Access network, high-density wireless, and Cisco telephony systems. We require an individual with the ability to understand complex network systems and to troubleshoot them in occasionally high-pressure situations.
Strategy & Planning
Acquisition & Deployment
- Maintain knowledge of current network designs and best practices.
- Design network system configurations to stay at the forefront of data security.
- Find and recommend new technologies that will benefit the organization.
- Detect network capacity concerns in advance and advise management with solutions.
- Efficiently manage large scale deployments of network equipment and technologies.
- Regularly deploy network device patches and updates.
- Recommend network equipment replacement and selection of replacement device models.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Monitor network devices to ensure proper performance.
- Troubleshoot and implement fixes for data communication issues.
- Implement standard configuration changes to accommodate a constantly evolving environment.
- Monitor and track down wireless communication issues.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent work experience.
- One or more of the following certifications preferred:
- Cisco Certified Network Associate
- Cisco Certified Network Professional
- Five or more years of relevant experience.
- Working knowledge of Cisco SD-Access and Trustsec designs.
- Working knowledge of Cisco Firepower firewalls.
- Working knowledge of large Cisco wireless networks.
- Working knowledge of Cisco Identity Services Engine.
- Strong understanding of IP, routing protocols, and various levels of network segmentation.
- Light office duties and activities
- Mobility to walk Stadium, climb ladders, and enter confined spaces.
- Problem Solving-Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Technical Skills-Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills. Share skills with others and recognizes training opportunities for staff.
- Judgment-Displays willingness to make decisions and exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Includes appropriate people in decision making process.
- Motivation-Demonstrates excellent personal motivation and encourages others to be motivated and enthusiastic. Shows persistence and overcomes obstacles. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Oral Communications-Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification.
- Written Communications- Writes clearly and informatively.