POSITION PROFILE: Corporate Events Seasonal Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Arrowhead Events
REPORTS TO: Events Manager
JOB SUMMARY: The Corporate Events Seasonal Assistant with assist in coordinating all aspects of the day-of execution of the event to ensure flawless operation of assigned events at Arrowhead Stadium.
- Qualified candidates must possess superior organizational skills and be able to function in a fast-paced, multi-task setting.
- Individuals must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have a working knowledge of the following Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and have internet research skills.
- Assist in the coordination and execution of events.
- Assist in the creation of event materials utilizing AutoCAD, EBMS, and 24/7 software.
- Administrative duties as assigned to include weekly event packet assembly, internal requests, event documentation, and research.
- Meet with clients prior to events and assist in determining event needs; concerning physical set-up needs and requirements for licensed areas.
- Champion the client experience by ensuring the event spaces are ready for the cleints arrival.
- Provide clear, concise, and timely communication of detailed requirements and coordinate support staffing including conversions, engineering, housekeeping, security, audio/visual, telecommunications, and event staff personnel.
- Assist department managers with leads and communication.
- Work with leadership on developing processes for event operations.
- Data entry and office administration.
- Work corporate events and stadium-wide events as needed.
- Analytical Skills-Synthesize information; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs and generates creative solutions.
- Problem Solving-Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully. Must be able to develop solutions quickly and effectively.
- Technical Skills-Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills. Share skills with others and recognizes training opportunities for staff.
- Oral Communications-Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification. Demonstrates group presentation skills and participates in meetings.
- Written Communications- Writes clearly and informatively.
- Innovation-Displays original thinking and creativity. Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
- Judgment-Displays willingness to make decisions and exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Includes appropriate people in decision making process.
- Motivation-Demonstrates excellent personal motivation and encourages others to be motivated and enthusiastic. Shows persistence and overcomes obstacles. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Decision Making- Must be able to make immediate decisions based on the best interests of the organization, staff, and guests. Decisions are generally related to essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Light office duties and activities.
- Long periods of standing and walking.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED (EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS):
- Experience in event operations in a stadium, arena, convention center, hotel or public assembly facility setting.
- Flexibility in work schedule. Ability to work days or nights, weekends and holidays on a consistent basis.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office applications, word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation and Internet software.
- Knowledge of Auto Cad and Ungerboeck event management software preferred.
- Provide superior customer service in all situations including potentially high stress situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
- Yes/No: Do you have experience in event operations in a stadium, arena, convention center or public assembly facility setting?
- Yes/No: Do you have or are you working towards a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university with major coursework in facility, hospitality and business management, marketing or related field?
- Yes/No: I am available for weekend and evening work.
Please submit both resume, cover letter and job questions together with your application. No phone calls/emails.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.