*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Position Profile: Corporate Events Manager
Department: Arrowhead Events
Reports to: Director of Arrowhead Events
Supervises: Event Coordinator(s)
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
JOB SUMMARY: The Corporate Events Manager will manage, coordinate, and plan all aspects of events at GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium.
- Manage the corporate events planning and execution strategy for Arrowhead Events.
- Manages all logistics for corporate/private events. Determines event strategies and plans how to accomplish event successfully.
- Supervise, lead, and develop direct reports.
- Primary contact and principle liaison during corporate events.
- Determine needs and resolve problems by making strategic, business oriented and client-serving decisions to ensure a successful event.
- Collaborate with events sales team on event opportunities.
- Manage complex stadium and space calendars. To include construction and internal usage.
- Manage processes of event settlement including invoicing, expense allocation and payment tracking.
- Coordinate the needs of clients with internal and external service providers, including food and beverage contractors, security contractors, equipment providers and other necessary vendors.
- Evaluate departmental needs to include equipment, materials and supplies required in providing event services and planning.
- Prepare diagrams, instructions, set-up requirements and supporting documentation for each event and distribute to appropriate staff; communicate changes before and during events.
- Inspect facilities and leased areas to ensure they are being maintained properly for events and ensure compliance with applicable fire, building and safety codes.
- Interpret and apply all relevant federal, state and local regulations.
- Develop process for organization wide visibility into space utilization.
- Leadership – Lead and coordinate a team of Event Coordinators and the event management strategy for Arrowhead Events
- Detail and process oriented.
- Analytical Skills-Synthesize information; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs and generates creative solutions.
- Problem Solving-Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully. Must be able to develop solutions quickly and effectively.
- Technical Skills-Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills. Share skills with others and recognizes training opportunities for staff.
- Judgment-Displays willingness to make decisions and exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Includes appropriate people in decision making process.
- Motivation-Demonstrates excellent personal motivation and encourages the event operations team to be motivated and enthusiastic. Shows persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Qualified candidates must possess superior organizational skills and be able to function in a fast-paced, multi-task setting.
- Individuals must possess excellent listening, oral and written communication skills
- Use of analytical skills to identify and improve performance and execution will be necessary
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Plan, organize, and implement projects and tasks within an allotted timeframe
- Work with others in a professional manner while attempting to achieve a common goal
- Knowledge of the event industry and specifically the local and regional market
- Exercise logic, creativity, discretion, and independent judgement in determining how to manage events
- Light office duties and activities.
- Long periods of standing and walking.
MINIUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED (EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS):
- Minimum of four years of event planning and management experience in a stadium, arena, hotel, convention center or public assembly facility setting.
- Bachelor’s degree or better from an accredited college/university. Experience may be substituted for 4 year degree.
- Ability to work days or nights, weekends and holidays on a consistent basis.
- Strong computer skills including competency with Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with Ungerboeck Event Software or other event management software and experience use of Auto Cad, Sketchup, etc. is preferred
- Ability to demonstrate strong customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate familiarity with facility use contracts.
- Experience with budget preparation and control.
QUESTIONS: Please submit the answers to your questions with your resume when applying.
- Do you have multiple years of experience in event planning or managing events?
- What is the last event venue you worked in?