Would you like a job with the Canadian Football League (CFL)?
If you are interested in working with us at CFL, please apply for a job.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities are available within the following categories:
Content Creator - Hamilton Tiger-Cats (Hamilton · ON)
Hamilton Tiger-Cats Jobs
Jobs in Hamilton · ON
Communications/Community Relations: Writer/Editorial
ROLE: Content creator – Hamilton Sports Group
Reports to: Manager, Communications & Media Relations – Hamilton Tiger-Cats
The Hamilton Sports Group, which operates the Hamilton Tiger-Cats Football Club and Forge FC, is an organization with a rich history both on and off the field. The company is committed to creating a world class fan experience at all Tim Hortons Field events. In 2023 the Tiger-Cats and City of Hamilton will host the 110th Grey Cup where the organization will be responsible for the development and execution of an innovative Grey Cup Festival.
The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and Forge FC Communications and Media Relations Department strives to offer the best media/public relations support in the Canadian Football League and the Canadian Premier League. The Content Creator will play a key role in accomplishing this, while supporting both the football, soccer, and the business sides of the organization. The role will also provide an opportunity for networking, and valuable operational and managerial experience.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Attend team practices and produce multi-media editorial content including written, videography, audio and photography
- Attend team press conferences and participate in the Q&A with coaches and players Provide summaries after each practice highlighting key events for internal purposes
- Assist in compilation of news releases and advisories, media guides and other publications, and game notes and media kits
- Maintain media contact lists
- Help enhance the image and profile of the Tiger-Cats and Forge FC in the media and with the public through strategic communications planning and execution
- Oversee accreditation process
- Develop and maintain relationships with members of the media and community
- Gameday responsibilities include: credential distribution at media entrance, press box runner, statistician assistant, mediating press conferences, and organizing player/staff interviews.
- Assist in the compilation and delivery of media packets for visiting media, featuring: game notes, clippings, credentials, and statistics
- Liase between the business operations staff and the teams to ensure communications is fluid between the organization
- Help monitor CFL and CPL news at all times and keep appropriate internal staff informed
- Help coordinate the activities of the team photographer
- Serve as the team archivist (photos, etc.)
- Create postings on team websites
- Research and build media and influencer / content creator lists for partnership opportunities
- Create a weekly internal newsletter for all HSG staff
Qualifications and Skills:
- Passion for football, soccer, the Hamilton Tiger-Cats, Forge FC, and the Hamilton community
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and problem solving ability
- A background in editorial content creation is an asset
- Attention to detail and desire to improve and perfect any projects undertaken
- An ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- A flexible schedule as attendance for every Tiger-Cats and Forge FC home game is mandatory
- Previous experience working with high profile coaches/athletes is an asset
- French and/or Spanish as a second language is an asset but not mandatory
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and demo of their work to: [email protected]
Please reference “Communications & Content Coordinator – Your Name” in the subject heading. The Tiger-Cats and Forge FC thank you for your interest in being a part of our Team. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.