*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
About the Position
As part of the Business Analytics team, the Manager, Data Architecture & Application Development is responsible for leading the development & management of our internal data warehouse and the corresponding applications that present internal data to various departments. This includes, but is not limited to, building & maintaining data connections to third party services, managing our Master Data Management processes to create customer golden records, and maintaining our internal web-application for exposing analytics to internal stakeholders. They will be working on a primarily on-premise Microsoft stack, a variety of connection types, and a multitude of data sources. They will report to the Director of Business Analytics and work closely with our data analysis team.
- Lead the data design & structure development processes related to warehousing our customer information, and connect this infrastructure to front-end development
- Develop optimal and automated ETL/ELT processes with API, OLE-DB, ODBC, SFTP, Excel, etc.
- Work with Master Data Management tools to create Golden Customer Records, centralized from numerous different source systems our customers engage across.
- Communicate with data analysis team for solid understanding of their needs as it applies to the data, then construct and maintain the platform for their access & use of the data.
- Monitor and maintain data jobs and procedures
- Strong focus on the integrity of the data throughout all processes
Required Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5-7 years working in a data environment
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server administration and database management, MS SQL Management Studio, MS Visual Studio, & MS SSIS
- Proven experience working with APIs and other data communication tools
- Proficient in some object-oriented language(s), specifically C#
- Experience with front-end development, namely ASP.NET
- Well versed in ETL/ELT workflow
- In-depth knowledge of JSON/XML data formats
- Understanding of authentication and security as it relates to data management
- Proficient in writing, reading, and optimizing SQL queries
- Strong understanding of relational data design, abstraction, and best practices related to data warehousing
- Experience with cloud computing and on-premise servers
- Ability to collaborate on ideas as well as thrive independently
- Ability to lead a small team of developers while also being a development contributor
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to continually learn and adapt to new technologies
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and thorough
- Understanding of data science and analytics
- Experience with front-end and scripting languages
- Familiarity with Python or R
- Experience with Tableau
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position that will work on-site at the CrossCountry Mortgage Campus in Berea, Ohio. This position primarily works traditional M-F business hours, but from time-to-time must be able to work flexible hours including some evenings, weekends, and occasional holidays to appropriately support game days and other needs.