Legends Community Manager
About the Atlanta Falcons
The Atlanta Falcons are a professional American football club and member of the National Football League (NFL). The team’s headquarters and practice facility are located on a 50-acre site in Flowery Branch, Georgia. The Falcons’ NFL expansion franchise was awarded in 1965 and acquired by current owner Arthur Blank, co-founder of Home Depot, in 2002. Under Blank’s leadership, the Falcons have become one of the League’s premier teams on and off the field.
About AMB Sports + Entertainment Group
AMB Sports & Entertainment Group is a subsidiary of AMB Group, LLC, and is comprised of the Atlanta Falcons Football Club, LLC, Atlanta’s Major League Soccer team, Atlanta United FC, and the new Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
Who we Are
We use our core values as a compass to guide our decisions because they are our North Star. If we live our core values daily, we know everything else will take care of itself. We enjoy a culture rooted in giving back to others through our time, talents, labor, and financial commitment. We are successful when we collaborate with and value each other like family, maintain a hunger to delight guests and continuously innovate, listen closely for even the smallest need for improvement, stand up for convictions, and genuinely own our responsibilities as if our name is on the outside of the building.
Our Ideal Candidates
Actively Listen – Take an active role in listening by being present in the moment, using healthy body language, and ensuring joint understanding. When we read between the lines and hear what others are saying and what they are not saying, we encounter amazing opportunities to go the extra mile in serving them.
Collaborate – Realize that we are better together than we are alone. We achieve much better results when others have the opportunity to add their diverse perspectives. Be open to feedback and actively seek input from a variety of people at varying levels because the best ideas come from those who are closest to those we serve.
Engage in Servant Leadership – Put others ahead of yourself even when it’s difficult. Find opportunities to lead by example in the way you pitch in and help others. Giving back to others is at the heart of what we do.
Build Relationships – Cultivate trust in relationships by showing respect and sensitivity. Invest time in helping others to continuously improve by listening to their ideas and helping them to continuously improve.
Own Results – Own issues you encounter even when they are outside of your area of responsibility by taking action or seeking out the needed resolution. You are empowered and expected to take risks aimed at exceeding the expectations of our guests. Take advantage of this rare opportunity by utilizing available resources.
The Legends Community Manager position is responsible for all Falcons Legends Community aspects of the department and is responsible for building an inclusive and cohesive Legend program, including widespread Legend participation in organizational events, initiatives and programs. In addition, this position will be actively involved with community relations initiatives, including youth and high school football programming.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain all administrative duties for documenting and maintaining current files for all former players; update local resource contact information; process expense submissions, and additional admin duties as assigned.
- Lead the communication process through a strategic approach, internally and externally to engage with Legends.
- Develop an inclusive focused strategy in which all of the Falcons Legends Community feels connected to the organization.
- Manage all internal appearances for the Falcons Legends Community and serve as an organizational resource on the history of the Falcons Legends.
- Develop a comprehensive database of the Falcons Legends Community with a wide variety of data to assist in the accuracy of engaging the Legends.
- Maintain working knowledge of NFL and NFLPA resources that pertain to former players.
- Manage the Legends Season Ticket Program and assist in coordinating Legends Homecoming Weekend.
- Produce end of year recap on all events and initiatives regarding the Legends Community.
- Research Legends Community programs throughout the league; proactively seek and deploy innovative initiatives to offer support.
- Oversee Legends gameday appearances and organizational needs for the Legends on gameday.
- Spearhead various initiatives as it relates to youth football programming, including camps, clinics and other activations intended to grow participation.
- Oversee the youth football database and strategically develop it to enhance engagement with youth football leagues throughout the state.
- Maintain the youth football equipment and inventory, including giveaway items, football equipment and other items needed for events.
- Assist with high school football activations and initiatives, including serving as a resource for high school football teams throughout the state.
- Assist with various other community relations and youth and high school football initiatives as needed for the department.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelors Degree or business experience equivalent
- Knowledge of NFL Legends Community
- 3-5 years experience in Professional Sports, Community Relations, Legends or Player Development
- A professional approach in all interactions with Falcons players, staff, coaches and external vendors
- Must possess exceptional prioritizing, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Discretion in handling sensitive and confidential material
- Superior multi-tasking ability, initiative and sound judgment
- Advanced computer skills in all Microsoft Office programs and other software programs
- Excellent content writing and presentation skills
- Ability to work with diverse groups
- Must be flexible regarding working hours, including all Falcons home games
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.