2018 Game Day Operations Internship – Albany AFL (Albany, New York)
The Albany AFL of the Arena Football League are seeking highly motivated college-level students striving to gain operations/marketing experience and position themselves for a career in the Sports Industry upon graduation. This internship will provide much opportunity for creativity and growth, but will require hard work, enthusiasm, and resourcefulness, especially on game days. The position runs from mid-March through the last week in August and its primary focus will be in the Operations Department, specifically in the setup and implementation of game day production and other events.
The Game Day Operations intern will receive approximately 120 hours of work with the Albany AFL, with approximately 90 of those hours being fulfilled on game day and the remaining hours being fulfilled through scheduled times in the Albany AFL front offices or outside events.
The job description is as follows:
- Game Day Interns will help in the setup of game day events and production.
- Each game, the intern will have a different responsibility relating to the game operation in the following areas:
- Setting-Up & Executing Preliminary Events
- Work with Group Sales Department to Execute Game Day Group Outings
- Execute Pre-game Elements – such as field passes, performances, etc.
- Work with Promo Team to Execute On-Field Promos
- Assist with In-Game Community Relations Initiatives
- Assist with Promotional Giveaways & Execution
- Assist PA Announcer Throughout Game – manage roster, reads, etc.
- Set-up/Breakdown of Game Day Events – inflatables, tailgates, etc.
- Distribute Programs & Other Promotional Materials
- Game Day Interns are not paid; you must receive college credit/industry hours for the internship.
- Game Day Interns are required to work every home game for the Albany AFL.
- Game Day Interns must have reliable transportation to the Albany AFL offices, Times Union Center, and any other events where attendance is mandatory.