The Manager, Partnership Sales shall be responsible for the negotiation and execution of corporate partnerships with a primary focus on new business development. They will meet directly with new partner prospects and existing partners on a regular basis in order to increase overall sales and investment opportunities for the Club along with Levi’s® Stadium events. Their sole focus will be on selling and renewing integrated corporate partnerships that include rights/marks/status, entitlements, promotions, media (television, radio, online, print), signage, hospitality/suites, 49ers Foundation/community opportunities, other 49ers properties (49ers Fit, 49ers Cal-Hi Sports Report, etc.), special events, Levi’s® Stadium events (CFP, Bowl Game Entitlement, etc.), and other assets. This role will report to the Director of Corporate Partnerships.
- Responsible for developing and creatively calling on a robust prospect pipeline (via targeting and qualifying leads through cold calls and referrals) for potential corporate partnership opportunities with regional, national and international companies.
- Meet with prospects and partners in-person to gain an understanding of their objectives.
- Develop and implement new and innovative programming based on client’s marketing/partnership objectives to maximize their value.
- Work interdepartmentally within the Club to develop a partnership that seamlessly integrates marketing messaging, usage of Club marks, integration within Levi’s® Stadium and other collaborative efforts.
- Create proposals including the customization of elements, terms and language.
- Deliver engaging presentations to prospective partners.
- Close partnerships by overcoming objections.
- Help execute activation plans with dedicated Partnership Activation executives for each partner when needed.
- Interface with prospects and partners at all levels of their organization.
- Participate in individual weekly reporting to track prospects, partners and renewal accounts along with their respective investment levels.
- Achieve annual individual sales goal and assist department in achieving annual overall revenue targets.
- Other duties as assigned
Education / Experience:
- Minimum four year college degree with a preferred 2+ years of professional team sports corporate partnership sales experience with extensive knowledge of integrated partnerships.
- Proven experience in closing six- and seven-figure, long-term integrated partnerships.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to develop strong working relationships with partners, coworkers and other stakeholders.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to work nights/weekends/holidays as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.