The Manager of Event Sales reports to the Director of Special Events and manages a team of four Sales Reps. This position is responsible for ensuring the event sales team is equipped to meet their sales objectives as well as developing new sales opportunities. In this role you will be responsible for growing and maintaining the department sales goal and working with the sales team to foster existing relationships and bring in new clients. Essential responsibilities and duties include, supporting, developing and executing sales strategies, maximizing revenue, managing sales activities, analyzing and reporting on sales and financial data, providing exceptional customer service, and building successful relationships.This position works closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the appropriate objectives and priorities are supported within the organization.
- Hire, train & manage sales staff of four (4) sales executives
- Responsible for ensuring that department achieves revenue goals by acquiring new leads, developing sales campaigns, and holding staff accountable to desired benchmarks
- Create comprehensive strategic sales training and continuing education to support the short and long term objectives of the sales organization.
- Develop sales training tools and standard operating procedures that ensure the integration of current strategy, materials and messaging on a consistent level.
- Coordinate written content to educate sales team and advance deals such as case studies, competitive information fact sheets, product collateral, and custom work.
- Identify new sales opportunities through lead generation and target marketing
- Provide forecasting and proper statistical reporting on department sales goals
- Ensure that all leads, calls, and client communications are fulfilled to client and department expectations.
- Optimize the CRM platform through managing inbound leads, prospecting opportunities and sales campaign data
- Work with Sales Reps and Event Planners to conceptualize and implement strategic focused initiatives, campaigns and packages
- Plan and participate in Sales trips and industry related meetings.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with CVB and SC Tourism organizations to draw awareness and ensure Levi’s Stadium is being represented in an accurate and effective way
- Review sales and guest satisfaction results to identify areas of improvement.
- A minimum of 4 - 6 years of experience in Event Sales with at least 2 years of experience in Management
- Experience developing relationships with sales professionals and sales executive leadership.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated individual with proven track record of sales results.
- Team player with experience in both sales and event operations as well as food & beverage knowledge.
- Must have experience selling multimillion dollar programs or working on multimillion dollar accounts.
- Ability to think outside the box when considering new sales opportunities.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.