Events and Fundraising Intern, 49ers Foundation with San Francisco 49ers in Santa Clara, CA
San Francisco 49ers jobs
Sports Jobs in Santa Clara, CA
The 49ers Foundation harnesses football to educate and empower Bay Area youth through a collective of innovative and community-focused strategies. From award-winning STEAM education and nationally recognized youth football programs, to impactful community partnerships with leading non-profits, we are tirelessly dedicated to inspiring the confidence and collaboration our youth need to tackle what is possible.
We are looking for teammates to help us grow the Foundation’s footprint and impact in the Bay Area. This role is responsible for handling and supporting a variety of detail-oriented tasks with a focus on signature event execution and support; as well working with the Fundraising and Events Manager and other 49ers Foundation staff on department initiatives. The position requires superior organization skills, attention to detail, multi-tasking, and the ability to take initiative with little direction. The ideal candidate will have a team-oriented “can do” attitude, experience in planning and executing fundraising events, especially fundraising auction procurement and guest registration, and a proven track-record of delivering high caliber work-product in an efficient and timely manner.
- Reach out to new partners to inquire about supporting and donating to Foundation auctions, such as certificates, experiences, and goods
- Secure quotes from vendors for event rentals, gifts, food and beverage, or other event needs
- Coordinate and plan meetings, conference calls and special events, including arrangement of logistics, meeting space, communications, etc. with both guests and Foundation team members
- Assist with overseeing, organizing, and distributing department inventory of memorabilia, giveaway items, ticket allotment, etc.
- Prepare gifts and distribute thank you’s to both internal and external Foundation partners and supporters
- Assist with donor communication and event follow up
- Work with San Francisco 49ers team departments, as appropriate, to assist in planning, organizing and implementing all 49ers Foundation signature events.
- Assist with booking, planning, and executing events at Levi’s Stadium and external venues.
- Assist with the management of the Foundation’s CRM
- Create, edit and proofread business communications and documents utilizing MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Assist with game day donor visits, check presentations, and Foundation activities, as directed by Executive Director.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to take initiative during events to ensure superb execution
- Confidence to connect with local businesses to request auction donations
- Solution-oriented mentality and ability to be flexible and resourceful in response to changing priorities and needs
- Careful execution of administrative activities, with high attention to detail, organization and process. Should have an eye towards documentation of systems and processes.
- Strong teamwork and relationship management skills; works effectively with all personalities.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to continuously acquire new competencies and accept new challenges.
- Must be available to work late and weekends with limited notice, especially during the football season.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Proficient with various MS applications including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook (email and calendaring).
- Experience working with CRM and event registration software preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?