Corporate Communications Intern with San Francisco 49ers in Santa Clara, CA
- Assist the Corporate Communications department with operational oversight of all 49ers and Levi's® Stadium corporate communications responsibilities
- Manage media monitoring and internal reporting for key 49ers and Levi’s® Stadium corporate communications initiatives as directed
- Develop and maintain local and national media lists for key media contacts in core functional competencies: technology, sustainability, education, community relations, marketing and sports business
- Assist in the development and execution of strategic communications planning for all 49ers and stadium-related story ideas to media, including pitching 49ers EDU, 49ers PREP, 49ers - Community Relations, 49ers Foundation, along with other assigned media initiatives and press functions
- Assist in preparing and editing internal communications materials used to brief employees
- Write feature articles for 49ers publications and 49ers.com as well as press releases on topics related to core competencies
- Support publicity efforts for non-NFL events scheduled at the stadium when deemed necessary
- College Football, Professional/International Soccer, Concerts etc.
- Work closely with the marketing and digital media departments to execute strategic communications plans and promote brand development
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Motivated self-starter with proven problem-solving abilities
- Strong teamwork and relationship management skills
- Works effectively with all personalities and skill levels
- Creative, outside-the-box thinker
- Efficiently meets internal and external deadlines
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized and attentive to details and process
- Ability to use sound judgment and discretion while maintaining confidentiality
- Ability to be flexible and resourceful in response to changing priorities and duties
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to continuously acquire new competencies and accept new challenges
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years of experience managing business and event communications for a public relations agency, a major brand and/or sports/entertainment organization
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
What led you to pursue a career in corporate communications?
What attracted you to apply for this position with the 49ers?
Which of the essential responsibilities of this position makes you the most excited?
What makes you think you would be a qualified candidate for this position?
What accomplishment in your life makes you the most proud?