Assistant Director of Development, 49ers Foundation with San Francisco 49ers in Santa Clara, CA
San Francisco 49ers jobs
Sports Jobs in Santa Clara, CA
Other (consulting, membership, non-profit, real estate): Education/Camp counselor
The 49ers Foundation harnesses football to educate and empower Bay Area youth through a collective of innovative and community-focused strategies. From award-winning STEAM education and nationally recognized youth football programs, to impactful community partnerships with leading non-profits, we are tirelessly dedicated to inspiring the confidence and collaboration our youth need to tackle what is possible.
We are looking for teammates to help us grow the Foundation’s footprint and impact in the Bay Area. This role will assist in overseeing all Foundation fundraising activities, including, but not limited to, donor relations, annual giving campaign implementation, identifying prospective individual and corporate donors, and ensuring timely and accurate report deliveries to funders. The ideal candidate has at least five years in non-profit/foundation development, the acumen to build and maintain a variety of internal and external stakeholders, and a team-oriented “can do” approach to employing new fundraising strategies. Due to the nature of this job, the candidate must be willing to work non-traditional hours, weekends, and game days.
- Develop and execute the annual fundraising plan
- Prospect and cultivate a senior-level portfolio of individual relationships
- Generate new ideas that increase revenue and donor loyalty
- Represent the 49ers Foundation at community events, including but not limited to, speaking engagements, fundraising events, and conferences
- Manage Salesforce system to track and cultivate donors and prospects
- Create, edit and proofread business communications and documents utilizing MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Additional duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to be flexible and resourceful in response to changing priorities and needs
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to continuously acquire new competencies and accept new challenges.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 5 years of prior nonprofit development experience
- Experience working with donor database(s) or CRM platform of any kind.
- Prior experience securing partnerships and donation
- Proficient with various MS applications including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook (email and calendaring)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?