Consultant, Sales, and Service - University of Tulsa
University of Tulsa Jobs
Ticket Sales and Services: Ticket Sales
In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Consultant, Sales and Service
Manager, Sales and Service
University of Tulsa
Tulsa, OK 74104
Expiration Date (Job Posting): 4/30/2023.
Who We Are & What We Are About:
The Aspire Group is an award-winning sports and entertainment marketing firm that is globally recognized for innovative ticket and sponsorship sales, consulting, and research services. Aspire created the outsourced ticket sales niche, revolutionizing the world of sport in particular, intercollegiate athletics. Over the past 14 years, more than 300 collegiate and professional sports properties have trusted Aspire to drive revenue, attendance, and enterprise-value growth through the combination of marketing, strategic consulting, and research services and best-in-industry fan relationship management.
Front Office Sports Back-To-Back Best Employer In Sports Award Winner for 2021 and 2022!
Aspire’s latest award from Front Office Sports recognizes companies in the sport and entertainment industry that are doing the best by their employees and received the highest scores in an anonymous employee survey. Front Office Sports recognized The Aspire Group for a second straight year as a winner of the 2022 Best Employers in Sports award. Aspire’s perennial recognition as a top employer includes these consecutive honors from Front Office Sports and a “Top 10 Best Organizations to Work for in Sports” designation from Forbes.
As industry leaders, we strive to create the best practices of tomorrow within our strategic consulting and research; ticketing, marketing, and revenue enhancement, and sports investment optimization capabilities call “Next-Practices.” The implementation of “Next Practices” and the Raise Your Game Executive Development Program have raised industry standards through outstanding training, development, and coaching. We produce industry leaders, excellent employees, and winning teams that are dedicated to developing long-term relationships, providing strategic expertise and resources that will take our partners to the next level. For more information, please visit our website at www.theaspiregroupinc.com.
Raise Your Game Executive Development Program: At the Aspire Group, commitment to our clients is matched by an equal commitment to our staff. The Raise Your Game Executive Development Program is designed to accelerate Aspire’s Sales and Service Consultants into management positions. The Aspire Group provides career growth opportunities by preparing staff with a foundation in Ticket Marketing, Sales and Service, Sales Management, Sport Business Management and Life Skills. The Raise Your Game Executive Development Program is recognized as one of the most progressive management training programs in the sport industry.
Partnership: The University of Tulsa Department of Athletics and The Aspire Group have formed a relationship to develop a world-class ticket sales team in Tulsa, Oklahoma. University of Tulsa Athletics has employed the services of The Aspire Group because it combines progressive strategies and distinguished execution and is led by expert professionals that stand at the top of the ticket sales and customer service industry. Fans will benefit from the commitment to integrity, the most professional ticket sales operation globally and the superior customer service that The Aspire Group brings to every partner. University of Tulsa Athletics and The Aspire Group encourage and value a diverse work force and both are equal opportunity employers.
Position Overview: University of Tulsa Athletics and The Aspire Group seek a teachable, positive, and passionate individual who is committed to becoming a sports sales industry leader, delivering an exceptional customer service experience and works well in a team-oriented environment. The associate should be passionate about and committed to preserving a culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees and fans.
The Sales and Service Consultant is responsible for the sale of Football and Basketball season tickets, as well as single and group ticket packages to area businesses, individuals, and local organizations. Revenue will be generated primarily from outbound phone calls, venue tours, email/text communication, and face-to-face appointments/presentations. Day-to-day leadership and mentoring of this position will be provided by the Manager, Sales and Service and Aspire Leadership. Sales and Service Consultants will receive the tools, programs, and systems necessary to "BE GREAT."
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide superior customer service to University of Tulsa fans.
- Meet or exceed weekly and monthly sales goals while exceeding client expectations in value and customer service.
- Generate ticket revenue through the sales of new and renewal full-seasons, partial plans, group ticket plans, individual game tickets and Golden Hurricane Champions Fund donations.
- Perform sales and relationship cultivation phone calls, text messages, emails etc. with season ticket holders, sponsors, businesses, individuals, groups and prospective buyers.
- Service the inbound ticket sales phone line to answer general fan questions and sell ticket packages.
- Utilize strategic ticketing programs, promotions, and sales strategies to generate season ticket revenue.
- Execute season ticket retention programs and build relationships with assigned season ticket-holders.
- Create new business opportunities by regularly engaging new ticket prospects through in-arena tours, external appointments, phone prospecting, and other strategies.
- Assists with game day or special event sales initiatives.
- Attends outside events with the purpose of selling ticket packages.
- Manages personal ticket accounts.
- Execute 65-80 outbound sales activities daily.
- Maintain accurate records of all prospecting activities and sales in ticketing/CRM database.
- Achieve established sales goals and revenue targets.
- Work home games, performing various ticket sales and service duties as assigned and agreed upon with leadership.
- Assist with planning and coordination of group events.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by management.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Desire to start and grow a career in the sports ticket sales industry or collegiate athletics.
- Strong work ethic, self-starter, demonstrated organizational skills and high attention to detail.
- A genuine desire to help people.
- Experience in ticket sales is preferred but not required.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred but not required.
- Computer proficient (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Excellent communication, presentation and listening skills.
- Ability to remain focused on sales goals, work independently and as part of a team.
- Professional image and demeanor at all times.
- Ability to work well with others and comfortable taking initiative.
- Ability to encourage collaboration, flexibility, equity and inclusion that enables colleagues to contribute to their full potential, feel valued, and supported.
- Available to work flexible hours, including some evenings, weekends and holidays.
Compensation: Competitive base salary with the opportunity to earn commission upon meeting or exceeding personal sales goals and or exceeding ticket sales/service goals. Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, other voluntary health benefits and 401k with company match. Excellent paid time off program.
The Aspire Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, marital status, citizenship status or age.