Who We Are:
IMG Academy is the world’s leading sports education brand, providing a holistic education model that empowers student-athletes to win their future, preparing them for college and for life. IMG Academy offers an innovative suite of on-campus and online experiences, providing growth opportunities for all student-athletes through:
Our team has a deep appreciation for the transformative power of sports and holistic personal development. Our leadership is actively investing in the growth of the organization. We continue to broaden and deepen our technology platform and team in pursuit of our vision for empowering youth sports and the path-to-college for student-athletes.
The Senior Network Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for leading the charge designing, implementing and maintaining the campus network. The role’s primary focus is ensuring our expanding campus continues to provide an exceptional employee and student experience. You should be comfortable finding innovative solutions to solve emerging business problems, either with tools already in place or identifying new options. You will be a mentor for other engineers and support staff on the team, providing guidance on day-to-day duties for the solutions you implemented as well as handle escalations for when our solutions break. You will work with Technical Project Managers on large enterprise-wide projects as well as directly with business units to understand and identify what they need from our technology.
o Planning, procurement, designing, developing, configuring, and commissioning networks and associated systems for network monitoring and incident management.
o Network documentation and policy design/compliance.
o Analyzing, evaluating and monitoring network infrastructure to ensure networks ae configured to operate at optimal performance.
o Troubleshooting and diagnosing network problems and determining the most appropriate means of resolving problems and issues to improve network performance.
o Monitoring the overall performance of systems to assess the need for updates, upgrades, enhancements, preventive maintenance and new systems, and recommending options for upgrading and improving the performance of systems.
o Liaising with network carriers and external resources on behalf of the organization; monitoring performance delivery.
o Design and implementation of the processes, procedures, and operational management associated with high levels of network availability and risk management.
o Research and development of new products and services relevant to areas of responsibility.
o Business case development and evaluation in support of proposed initiatives.
o Assist with strategic and tactical planning and budget development for network operations.
· Technical Support: Act as an escalation point for complex issues, ensuring timely resolution and minimizing downtime.
· Security and Compliance: Stay up-to-date with industry best practices and work with our internal security team to ensure compliance with data security and privacy regulations. Implement and enforce security measures within the network.
· Documentation and Training: Create and maintain comprehensive technical documentation, guidelines, and training materials for the solutions you implement. Cross train other members of the Technical Operations team to take on day to day administration duties.
· Collaboration and Communication: Collaborate with IT teams, vendors, and stakeholders to align technology strategies and ensure effective communication channels are established. Foster a positive working environment and provide guidance to junior team members.
· Project Management: Lead and participate in technology projects related to employee technology delivery. Define project goals, timelines, and resource requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field and/or  years equivalent work experience and certifications
· Relevant certifications CCNA in Routing and Switching, Security, and Wireless preferred.
o Minimum of 5 years working in integration and/or migration large-scale, mission-critical network implementations/migrations in a 24x7 or global environment.
o Leadership, supervisory, or team lead experience desired.
o In-depth knowledge of LAN/WAN communications, network hardware, specifically Cisco routers, switches, bridges, gateways, and firewalls.
o Strong understanding and practical experience with routing protocols such as EIGRP, BGP, and OSPF.
o Senior level hands-on skills (switching and routing)
o Network analysis and design
o Routing protocol concepts (BGP, EIGRP, MPLS, QoS)
o Network monitoring concepts (SolarWinds, etc.)
o Traffic management and measurement concepts (NetFlow, etc.)
o Authentication systems (RADIUS, TACACS, etc)
o Firewall concepts (Cisco ASA, Cisco NGFW)
o Multi-WAN design and deployment
o Penetration testing & intrusion detection concepts (Cisco Firepower Threat Defense)
o Client and clientless VPN concepts (Remote Access Server, Cisco AnyConnect)
o Proficiency in some form of scripting/automation (PowerShell, Python, etc.)
o Familiarity with Windows and or Linux Server admin, traditional on-prem virtualization technologies and related hardware preferred.
o Familiarity with IT project management methodologies and tools.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and resolve complex technical issues efficiently.
· Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
· Ability to understand, support and communicate senior management goals and decisions.
· Strong intellectual curiosity and capacity for professional growth.
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, synchronous and asynchronous.
· Ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders. Demonstrated leadership capabilities in guiding and mentoring junior team members.
· Demonstrated experience of successful management, development and deployment of IT projects that meet business requirements.
Don’t meet every single requirement? We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfect with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Get to know us better:
IMG Academy provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.