In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
This Vice President of the Eligibility center will establish the NCAA Eligibility Center’s vision and direction. This position is responsible for anticipating and maintaining a vision for future Eligibility Center needs and for recommending strategies, priorities, and projects that will best achieve the NCAA’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Builds a positive and collaborative culture within the Eligibility Center and across the NCAA national office.
- Leads initiatives to further align the Eligibility Center’s vision with the broader mission of the NCAA Regulatory Affairs group and national office.
- Serves as a member of the President’s Cabinet and NCAA national office internal Operations Team.
- Enhances customer service provided to member institutions, prospective student athletes and high schools, including opportunities to be proactive and facilitate earlier engagement in the certification process.
- Provides education around effective preparation for academic success in college and opportunities and limitations in scholarships.
- Engages the membership on NCAA governance and service delivery matters involving academic and amateurism policy and legislation.
- Develops and enhances relationships with higher education associates and key stakeholders involved in the pre-collegiate enrollment academic areas (e.g., American Council on Education (ACE), American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO), National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC).
- Leads the Eligibility Center’s management team.
- Serves as a member of the national office leadership team to provide guidance and direction on operational issues and concerns.
- Provides leadership and direction to Eligibility Center staff on complex cases, other membership requests and continuous improvement opportunities.
- Oversees employment and evaluation of Eligibility Center staff members, including individual performance evaluations.
- Provides information and expertise related to litigation filed against the association.
- Creates and monitors operational systems and processes to provide fair, accurate and timely services.
- Collaborates with NCAA communications related to regulatory issues consistent with membership expectations when appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required; Advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum of 10+ years of progressive experience in managing and leading a higher education compliance or academic services department or the equivalent of executive leadership experience.
- Proven ability to work across an organization and build relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Demonstrate the ability to recognize areas of legal vulnerability within the EC and work with OLA and the membership to minimize and resolve such legal vulnerabilities.
- Ability to be an innovative thinker to adjust and modernize dated policies, processes, and procedures.
- Must demonstrate fiscal responsibility by reducing expense while growing revenue.
- Demonstrated leadership and decision-making skills, including the ability to formulate and implement a strategic vision, prioritize key issues and develop creative solutions and recommendations.
- Excellent organizational, administrative, management, leadership and communication skills.
- Skills to effectively function in a team-oriented culture that emphasizes leadership, inclusion, collaboration, communication and accountability required.
- Ability to facilitate appropriate outcomes in high pressure situations.
- Commitment to lead and serve the membership is essential.
- Ability to think strategically and forecast future developments and impact of policy directives and decisions.
- Working knowledge of NCAA bylaws and Association governance structure preferred.
- Ability to drive change through effective leadership.
- Ability to evaluate and build improvements around processes, controls and performance management protocols.
- Candidate must be willing to relocate to Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Estimated travel required 10% plus.
- This position will be based out of the national office in Indianapolis, Indiana. Current work environment is hybrid; 3 days in the office and 2 days are remote.
- Effective Communication - Can exchange ideas, thoughts, opinions, knowledge, and data so that the message is understood with clarity and purpose.
- Executive Presence - Has the ability to inspire others to be assertive in their roles through the consistent demonstration of confidence and clear leadership, has self-awareness and the ability to present oneself in a disciplined yet engaging manner.
- Stakeholder Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external stakeholders, gets first-hand stakeholder information and uses it for improvements in products and services, acts with stakeholders in mind, establishes and maintains effective relationships with stakeholders and gains their trust and respect through honesty, integrity, authenticity, and inclusivity.
- Strategic Agility – Sees ahead clearly, can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately, has broad knowledge and perspective, is future-oriented, can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods, can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Drives Vision and Purpose – Communicates a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action by: Talking about future possibilities in a positive way. Creating milestones and symbolizing support behind the vision. Showing personal commitment to the vision.
- LEADERSHIP| We actively listen and continually strive to provide vital solutions, counsel and advocacy for student-athletes and intercollegiate athletics.
- INCLUSION| We seek and incorporate different perspectives and experiences to drive innovation and impact.
- COMMUNICATION| We commit to an environment of openness to build trust and make timely decisions.
- COLLABORATION| We work together, based on mutual respect, to lead and serve our stakeholders.
- ACCOUNTABILITY| We take ownership for our actions and results to add value every day.