SPECIALIST, KEY PARTNERSHIPS
JMI Sports is seeking a talented and driven candidate to join the southeast team, serving to support the Southern Conference, Atlantic-10 Conference, and additional properties in the region. The Specialist is an integral part of the property sales team and responsible for contributing meaningful dollars to the revenue generation for the property, meeting their own sales goal, while also managing sponsor fulfillment and activation for the property. The successful candidate is extremely organized, highly motivated, creative, interested in and capable of selling effectively and independently, and very comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. This full-time position is located in Greenville, SC and will require regional travel.
- Achieving annual revenue goals by successfully executing renewals and driving upsells to cover for any annual attrition
- Collaborating with Company leadership and property partners on unique strategies to increase revenues managing multi-year contracts
- Working collaboratively on the development of effective business strategies that address property assets and each conference/client’s desired outcomes directly
- Conceptualizing and developing compelling sponsorship packages to maximize exposure and results for sponsors
- Creating financial analysis of sponsorship deals detailing gross fee, activation costs and net sponsorship revenue
- Developing professional marketing relationships with sponsors and affiliated agencies through consultative sales strategies, objective-based programming and elevated white glove service Securing and conducting face-to-face sales meetings by leveraging relationships and cold calling
- Collaborating with internal team members and external partners to ideate, develop, and pitch strategic marketing platforms for new prospects and sponsors
- Negotiating and closing sponsorship deals and working with legal counsel through contract execution implementing best practices as established by the Company to drive effective and competitive sales and fulfillment strategies
- Developing, creating and presenting professional activation execution plans
- Executing the coordination of fulfillment elements with the properties to ensure delivery of all promised benefits
- Coordinating and implementing hospitality events and initiatives
- Overseeing CRM management and system hygiene, including maintaining detailed records of your own sales activity and sponsor communication Developing and distributing year-end reviews and renewal/upsell presentations
- Collaborating with the Director, New Business, Southeast and other leadership on strategies to increase productivity, revenue generation, execution and results
- Contributing innovative and impactful thoughts or actions to boost revenues for Company and properties
- Other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in sports marketing and sales, or a related field
- Interest in, and working understanding of, college athletics
- Experience in event management and sponsor activation
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe PDFs; Photoshop and KORE CRM experience a plus
- Thorough research and analytical skills
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently
- Strength in time management and effective multi-tasking
ABOUT JMI SPORTS
JMI Sports is a leading media rights and venue development company providing management of collegiate multimedia rights, sponsorship sales agency representation, and highly regarded project management expertise to the development of collegiate and professional sports facilities. The company serves to maximize each client’s economic potential through customized initiatives, from marketing and branding solutions to facility design strategies that bring each client’s vision to fruition. JMI Sports manages an impressive list of signature collegiate multimedia rights partnerships including, the University of Kentucky, Clemson University, the University of Pennsylvania, the University of Pittsburgh, Harvard University, DePaul University and joint-venture properties of the University of Georgia and Columbia University (with Learfield IMG College), and University of Notre Dame (with Legends). JMI Sports also represents several high-profile conferences including the Ivy League, the Mid-American Conference, the Mountain West Conference, the Southern Conference, the Patriot League, and the Atlantic 10 Conference. Additionally, JMI Sports serves as third- party sales representation for premier venues and events including the Breeders’ Cup Championships, Rupp Arena at Central Bank Center and the Penn Relays. The company’s facility development team is currently collaborating with Legends on the new Aztec Stadium and Mission Valley development for San Diego State University in San Diego, CA. Celebrating its 15th anniversary in 2021, JMI Sports was founded by CEO Erik Judson and technology entrepreneur John Moores, former owner of the San Diego Padres.
JMI Sports offers competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation and 401k plan.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.