The Athletics' Department has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Sales Account Executive to work at the Coral Gables Campus.
The Sales Account Executive is responsible for assisting in the solicitation of new season and group ticket sales for all athletic revenue-producing events.
- Prospect and acquire new customers through phone calls, in person appointments, sales events, South Florida Business Journal, chamber networking events, event days, social campaigns, and referrals
- Generate revenue through the sales of group, general, and premium season tickets
- Build and consistently grow a pipeline of prospects through creative touchpoints that foster relationships and trust with potential premium seating partners
- Maintain detailed notes on prospective clients through CRM system
- Make calls and presentations to new and existing customers intended to grow revenue streams
- Maintain inbound queue management and live chat
- Achieve and exceed weekly, monthly, and annual sales goals established by management
- Demonstrate a tenacity and determination to achieve new business sales targets in traditional, creative, and innovative ways
- Be knowledgeable of and ensure compliance with departmental, University, conference and NCAA procedures, rules and regulations
- Exhibit a team centric mindset in working with key internal departments such as Marketing, Analytics, Premium Services, Ticket Operations, and Client Experience throughout the sales process
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous sales experience, preferably in professional or intercollegiate athletics ticket sales
- Ability to work a non-traditional schedule as sports and entertainment events may require, including extended days and hours, holidays, and weekends
- Strong desire to learn about our business and grow your professional career
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills, with an ability to think and react to situations confidently
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) as well as the ability to learn and master new software programs including Salesforce and Paciolan
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.