POSITION: Coordinator, Communications and Digital Media
REPORTS TO: Director, Communications
STATUS: Full-Time, Exempt (On-Site)
SUMMARY: Responsible for elevating the Orange Bowl brand through storytelling and content creation for key communications and publications. In charge of the day-to-day communications and media operations for the Orange Bowl Committee, including managing Orange Bowl’s social media platforms, website and other digital mediums, and aiding in the organization’s PR efforts.
- Coordinate and disseminate information for the Capital One Orange Bowl, Orange Bowl Cares and other Orange Bowl events and programs.
- Develop creative and engaging content to enhance Orange Bowl’s various media platforms.
- Manage Orange Bowl’s social media accounts, providing strategy and creating engaging content year-round.
- Maintain Orange Bowl’s website and mobile app, including accuracy checks and content updates.
- Edit and distribute weekly newsletters and monthly publications, and assist in the creation of ticket sales emails.
- Write and distribute press releases and media advisories, maintain media lists and monitor ongoing media coverage.
- Contribute to media operations efforts for the Capital One Orange Bowl and the AutoNation Orange Bowl Basketball Classic, among other events, providing logistical support.
- Assist in the hosting and first-class hospitality efforts of local and national media during bowl week for the Capital One Orange Bowl.
- Monitor results and analytics across all media platforms, including but not limited to email, social media and website.
- Collaborate with marketing and sales departments to ensure communications are branded properly and effectively assist in revenue-generating efforts.
- Supervise and mentor assistantships and interns in the communications department, as well provide as direction to ensure appropriate support.
- Representation at various South Florida business functions, as well as select industry conventions, conference meetings, business seminars, and related business trips.
- Support at all Orange Bowl events.
- Assistance on special projects and other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-3 years of experience in communications, public relations or sports information
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills are essential, including ability to present concepts verbally
- Professional experience with social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok
- Website management background preferred
- Microsoft Office skills required
- Experience with Adobe suite preferred, including Photoshop and Premier
- Creative thinker who seeks out new and innovative ways to communicate
- Works well within a team environment
- Outstanding organizational and planning skills
- Superior project management and time management skills
- Ability to work certain holidays, evenings and weekends in addition to the standard work week
**NOTE: The OBC conducts background screening and drug testing as part of its pre-employment hiring process**
The OBC is an Equal Opportunity Employer