- We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Job Title: Events Manager
Application Deadline: July 8, 2022
| x Full- Time | x Regular | x Exempt
Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl (Peach Bowl, Inc.) – Website – Chick-fil-APeachBowl.com
Position reports to: Direct Report to VP, Events, Fan Experience
Peach Bowl, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) organization that owns and operates the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl Game, the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Games and the Peach Bowl Challenge golf tournament.
The Events Manager position will be responsible for overseeing a significant portion of our hospitality programs, producing additional events and working with our volunteer initiatives including recruitment, development and management.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the concept development, project management, execution, post-event evaluation and budget management for specifically assigned events.
- Produce Task Lists and Ops Timelines for all managed initiatives throughout the year.
- Responsible for developing and implementing all aspects for the Arrival/Holiday dinner, Hotel FanFest, Parade, MLK Historical Site Visits and other events during Bowl Week. Must fulfill specific sponsorship elements and agreements related to events. Responsible for contract negotiations, managing vendors and overall customer and client relations.
- Work with FCA to help organize and maintain Bowl standards for the annual FCA Breakfast.
- Work as hotel liaison for volunteers, Bowl staff and Board.
- Oversee recruitment, development, management and assignment of volunteers.
- Maintain up to date volunteer database, volunteer awards programs, Bowl week shirts and name tags for volunteers.
- Manage specific volunteer groups within Kickoff games and Bowl Week as relevant.
- Oversee operation of VIP, players, volunteers and media hospitality suite at host hotels. Will also manage hotel meeting room assignments based on teams needs.
- Responsible for coordinating and executing event/hotel signage plan.
- Liaison to the school band and cheerleader/spirit groups.
- Produce and manage the Food Matrix to ensure that staff, volunteers, teams and working functions are provided appropriate meals.
- Must continually develop relationships with Bowl sponsors, Board members, volunteers, vendors and community representatives.
- Manage the rooming needs, volunteers, food & beverage functions and content/scripting needs for the annual golf tournament.
- Assist with the game production as needed.
- Help coordinate our sustainability efforts and events.
- Provide assistance to, and manage, additional Events team managed initiatives.
Other project work as assigned by Senior Management or Events Team colleagues
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: A candidate must possess ALL of the following qualifications to be considered for this position. The requirements/qualifications indicated below are essential to the performance of the job description.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: A candidate must possess ALL of the following qualifications to be considered for this position. The requirements/qualifications indicated below must be essential to the performance of the work. Only use relevant categories.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree. Minimum of five (5) years event management experience and minimum one (1) year supervisory experience.
Special Communication Skills:
Excellent oral and written communication.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Complete knowledge of Microsoft applications including MS Windows, Power Point and Excel. Experience with Rosterfy or similar volunteer database system a plus.
Other Skills and Abilities:
SPECIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Extensive walking, lifting, and physical demands are present on event and preparation days.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
Cover letter, resume and references should be sent as an attachment to an email, and should be formatted and presented as a representation of your attention to detail and pride in your work.
Any materials that would support your candidacy are welcome; including visual examples of event management relevant work or you can provide a link to any materials that you feel support your candidacy.
Application Deadline is July 8, 2022