*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
When applying, please indicate job #24479. Please include a cover letter, resume, and three references submitted as a single attachment with your application.
The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics consists of more than 275 staff members and coaches and sponsors 30 varsity sports programs. These 30 programs include more than 850 student-athletes who participate in the various sports programs annually within the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA). We are currently seeking a Performance Nutrition Intern who will work within the department’s Performance Nutrition unit.
OVERVIEW:The University of California Berkeley Athletic Department is currently accepting applications for a Performance Nutrition Intern. This is a full-time paid position. This opportunity will allow the intern to gain experience working in collegiate sports nutrition by assisting the Performance Nutrition staff with overseeing Fueling Stations and the Grab & Go meal program. Hours may include early mornings, nights, and weekends.
- Oversees Grab and Go meal program for Olympic sports by assisting with meal inventory, order communications, Red Card coordination, and additional operational activities
- Manage 2 Fueling Stations and student workforce
- Lead Gatorade operations including oversight of inventory, deliveries, distribution and stocking; relay information to director for ordering
- Learns to maintain and analyze departmental database and prepare reports and analyses
- Assists Performance Nutrition Department with developing and running a Division 1, Power 5 nutrition program which includes but is not limited to developing and providing educational materials, cooking demos, and grocery store tours
- Bachelor’s degree in related nutrition area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Experience working in sports nutrition.
- Qualified candidates should have an understanding of food safety and inventory standards.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to follow directions and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated strong work ethic and leadership skills.
- Working toward RD credentialing
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations