*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
When applying, please indicate job #23951. Please include a cover letter, resume, and three references submitted as a single attachment with your application.
The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics consists of more than 275 staff members and coaches and sponsors 30 varsity sports programs. These 30 programs include more than 850 student-athletes who participate in the various sports programs annually within the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA). We are currently seeking a Graphic Designer who will work within our Football program.
The Football Graphic Designer plans, analyzes, and creates visual solutions to communication problems. They find the most effective way to get messages across in print and electronic media using color, type, illustration, photography, animation, and various print and layout techniques. The Football Graphic Designer plans, analyzes, and creates intercollegiate athletics specific visuals (graphics, photography, digital animations, etc.) in support of the operational and strategic aspects of the intercollegiate Football program. They find the most effective way to get intercollegiate athletics’ messages across in print and electronic media using color, type, illustration, photography, animation, and various print and layout techniques. This positions main goals to inform, engage, and excite prospective Football student-athletes. The Incumbent will communicate and collaborate with the Football Recruiting staff and Director of Video Production on specific graphic design needs for the recruitment process.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of production processes and vendor requirements for a variety of products.
- Working knowledge of applicable creative software applications including the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Working knowledge to maintain files and image storage.
- Skills to effectively produce visual materials that meet and satisfy the needs of the client.
- Ability to manage projects from concept to creation.
- Interpersonal communications skills to interact effectively with a variety of clients, support staff and vendors.
- Ability to accept feedback as part of the creative process and educate clients on design theory and/or using that feedback to make work stronger.
- Skills in collaboration to best meet goals and objectives of clients.
- Must maintain current knowledge of applicable rules and standards of the Pacific-12 Conference, the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), as well as other associations and agencies to which the Berkeley campus of the University of California adheres, and, at all times avoid any and all violations of these rules and standards.
- Experience working in the sports industry
- Experience with Motion Graphic Design
- Bachelors degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
- Experience working with HTML/CSS