Looking for extra money and a part time job with a flexible schedule? The Air Force Academy Athletic Corporation is looking for PT Shift Leads to work during games and special events on its concessions department.
The Shift lead will assist in directing the Air Force Academy Athletic Corporation (AFAAC) Food and Beverage operation.
- Oversee contract groups and food vendors providing training and guidance.
- Performs event opening and closing inventories.
- Checks work in progress to ensure compliance with established methods, health and safety standards. Prepares Food and Beverage resale activities for events.
- Transfers, stores and replenishes stock. Performs food service and cashiering duties as required.
- Takes orders and sells a variety of items and/or short order items. Operates cash register, rings up sales, receives money and makes change.
- Responsible for food security. Maintains a clean and orderly work area. Prepares cash reports and daily deposits.
- Orients new employees to work situations, use of required protective devices and proper use and storage of tools and equipment.
- Advises management of individual training requirements. Sets the pace, balances workload and ensures that workers have sufficient tasks to perform.
- May be required to work in any of the Air Force Academy Athletic Corporation facilities.
- May be required to work in inclement weather. Performs other related duties as assigned. Reports directly to the Operations Manager.
- Leadership or supervisory experience of any kind preferred.
- Ability to perform satisfactorily and in a professional manner.
- Previous cash handling experience a plus.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced and sometimes stressful environment.
- Ability to read, write, communicate effectively, and follow written and verbal instruction.
- Required to lift up to 60 pounds.
- Must successfully pass a background investigation and be authorized to work in the USA.
- Subject to random drug testing. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- May be required to work days, evenings, weekends or holiday shifts, as required by event schedules.
Hourly pay rate for this position is $15.00
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.