About the Position
The Senior Revenue Accountant is a newly created position within the organization for the pending arrival of Chase Center (www.chasecenter.com), Thrive City, and other new business ventures. In this role, you will be an integral contributor to the finance and business operations of the Golden State Warriors and will have a broad range of duties, including various aspects of monthly close and general ledger as designated by the Revenue Accounting Manager. To be successful, you will need to be a self-starter with strong financial acumen, high aptitude for technology and financial systems and a strong desire to work within a dynamic environment.
This is an excellent opportunity to share your expertise while learning more about this growing and exciting sports and entertainment organization that values your initiative, creativity and dedication.
This is a full-time position and is initially based in Oakland, CA, relocating to San Francisco, CA in mid-2019.
- Provide frontline contract review and documentation with primary focus on revenue recognition
- Prepare, review, upload and post journal entries
- Perform monthly balance sheet and cash reconciliations to ensure company assets and liabilities are properly accounted for accurately and completely
- Participate in the month-end close process, perform monthly duties assigned to facilitate timely close, including reporting
- Perform accounting research and produce documentation to support the adoption of new accounting pronouncements and policy decisions; experience with ASC 606 preferred
- Provide input to ensure accounting systems and processes are continually streamlined via process improvement to achieve greater efficiencies and accuracy
- Assist Revenue Accounting Manager in preparation of audit requests as needed
- Participate and/or lead projects as assigned
Required Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting; Big Four CPA preferred
- 5+ years of accounting or audit experience
- Highly service oriented with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Deep understanding of revenue accounting, including ASC 606. Previous adoption experience considered a plus
- Experience with ERP accounting software, preferably NetSuite
- Flexibility with changing priorities; ability to effectively organize, prioritize and time handle workload
- Ability to work cross-functionally and at different levels within and outside the organization
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner
- Curiosity, tenacity and attention to detail and process
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel (pivots, lookups, etc.)
Golden State Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Visit www.warriors.com/employment