About the Position
The Golden State Warriors are looking for a dynamic seasoned professional to direct all aspects of Chase Center Security and the surrounding complex. You will lead a large team tasked with managing building (physical) and event related security. The position requires collaborating with an extensive group of internal and external stakeholders including our guests, clients, facility operations, team operations, artists and show management, business executives, law enforcement agencies, the NBA, as well as our retail and office tenants.
We are excited about our new arena and need to make this critical hire to ensure we are providing an unparalleled experience across our 11-acre complex. Do you want to join us in creating something new for the Bay Area? If so, then keep on reading!
As Vice President of Security, you will work closely with the COO to plan the organization of the initial Chase Center Security team with a strong focus on safety and security through the timely and accurate provision of a variety of services. Critical to your success is establishing and maintaining relationships with city, state and government security organizations (e.g. SFPD, SFMTA, SFFD, DHS, JTTF, USSS and FBI) to ensure effective communication, coordination and compliance with safety and security issues.
This is full-time role and is based in San Francisco, CA.
- Plan, develop and implement programs to ensure the safety and security of all Chase Center guests, employees, performers, public officials, executive management and clients
- Provide management for all aspects of event and building security, emergency preparedness, and risk management using independent judgment, experience and personal initiative
- Provide effective direction to staff in emergency response situations; develop and maintain Emergency Operating Plans coordinating regular updates and exercises
- Assess, develop and execute security strategies and plans as required to secure building perimeters, access points, staff work areas, Command Center and Loading Dock
- Manage state of the art CCTV, access control, radio communications and emergency responder systems
- Lead security and medical staffing operations during events; coordinate the scheduling of external event staffing personnel including, but not limited to, off duty law enforcement
- Oversee internal and external security investigations
- Serve as primary security liaison for various security teams (GSW, NBA, Promoters, Artists) regarding general and event day security matters
- Execute NBA Arena Security Procedures & Guidelines
- Develop and administer the Security department's annual budget; forecast staffing, training, equipment, materials, and supply budget requirements; monitor expenditures; implement adjustments as necessary
- Participate in any collective bargaining agreement negotiations and play an instrumental role in Chase Center labor management for both union and non-union work force
- Manage and maintain the Chase Center and Golden State Warriors’ employee identification and access control systems
- Lead regular event security and venue safety briefings with internal and external partners
- Conduct routine industry operational reviews; recommend modifications to Chase Center security and safety programs, policies, and procedures as deemed appropriate
- Interpret and apply city, state and federal policies, procedures, laws and regulations
- Execute DHS Safety Act initiatives
- Oversee the purchasing and ordering of security related goods
- On-call 24/7, as needed and based on complex events and activities
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree with a major in Business Administration or related field
- 10 years of experience in the field of security, preferably in a multipurpose arena or similar environment with 5 years of progressive supervisory management experience in security with direct responsibility supervising and directing staffs across a wide-range of operating functions
- Deep understanding of operational characteristics, services and activities of live entertainment security and safety programs; crowd management and control techniques; principles of budget preparation and control; pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes and regulations
- General understanding of other areas of live entertainment venue management, including retail operations, building operations, production, building engineering, guest services, parking and food & beverage operations
- Experience in crisis management, investigation skills, security technology, life safety, risk management, payroll, and scheduling
- Experience collaborating with human resources, communications, legal and finance departments
- Computer experience with Windows, Excel, Word, and other standard applications
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to interact effectively and in a professional, diplomatic and mature manner with clients and peers at all levels within an organization and throughout the community
- Highly organized and able to meet tight deadlines and work effectively in a high-pressure environment with financial constraints
- Knowledge of and a passion for professional basketball and live entertainment
- Excellent communication, customer service and leadership skills
- Ability to lead, give clear, concise direction and provide feedback
- Success building high performance teams
- Ability to work nights, weekend and holidays
Golden State Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Visit www.warriors.com/employment