About the Position
We are seeking a dynamic, high energy and dedicated individual to be our Supervisor, Conversions and Operations at Chase Center. As a valuable member of the team, you will deliver championship service throughout the organization. Under the direction of the Director of Operations, you will be directly involved in the supervision of staff responsible for the assembly and decommissioning of equipment/materials pertaining to the changeover process into all sports, live events, and corporate functions as well as monitoring building arena standards while these games and events occur within the Chase Center.
If you love sports, enjoy talking with people, and are highly motivated, this role is your chance to improve your craft. This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of a growing and exciting sports and entertainment organization that values your initiative, creativity and dedication.
This is a full-time position based in San Francisco, CA.
- Provide guidance and supervision to utility staff for all, pre-event, event and post-event conversion and set-up services for the arena
- Offer hands on training to the utility team where required
- Ensure all equipment is in excellent working order and schedules regular preventative maintenance including but not limited to chains, sprockets, guide rods, limits switches, row locks, couplers, and wheels, motors, checking nuts and bolts, greasing and lubricating, seat repairs and general cleaning
- Sets building configuration as per SOP for each individual event; must be proficient in all tasks including, but not limited to construction and precise placement of retractable seating, concert house stage, proper alignment of the basketball floor, goal alignment, height, and level and reading AutoCAD drawings
- Review conversion and utility tasks, outlines, and schedules daily to ensure that all requirements are clear, and the expectation of the setup is understood before work begins
- Complete a comprehensive checklist of each conversion to ensure the proper conditions and that all safety aspects are reviewed.
- Assist in tracking inventory and organization of utility related equipment and products
- Utilize maintenance management system to distribute work orders to utility staff, complete work orders per instruction; maximize work flow and completion of goals
- Ensure a safe working environment for all utility employees, including the development of a comprehensive workplace safety program, following all Cal OSHA and local safety regulations
- Investigate, analyze, and resolve operational problems, complaints, and emergency repairs in a timely and efficient manner
- Committed to providing outstanding service and dedicated to exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers with the ability to anticipate problems and implement immediate corrective action
- Receive supervision and direction from the Conversion Manager and Director of Building Operations.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Experience & Skills
- High School Diploma/GED with a minimum of one year of experience in a multipurpose Arena preferred
- Mechanical experience and strong mechanical troubleshooting skills are important
- Experience with venue set-ups and material handling equipment
- Strong leadership characteristics with the ability to lead up to 25-40 workers at one time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational, abilities, and provide positive/consistent leadership that will motivate Arena staff
- Self-starter with excellent organizational skills; able to meet timeline goals
- Effective teammate mentality; able to adapt to changes and work in a multi-client environment
- Knowledge of basic computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Available to work a dynamic, on-call 24/7 schedule (overnights, evenings, weekends and holidays) as required
- Knowledge of First Aid, CPR, defibrillation and occupational health and safety regulations
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Golden State Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Visit www.warriors.com/employment