About the Position
The Chase Center is seeking individuals who want to play a key role in bringing our events to life and make our arena a premier destination for entertainment. In this role, you will be responsible for the set-up, tear down, and movement of every item necessary to make all our events a success. The position reports to the Manager, Conversions and Operations.
This is an excellent opportunity to share your expertise while learning more about a growing and exciting sports and entertainment organization that values your initiative, creativity and dedication. Are you interested in creating something new for the Bay Area? Do you want to join a team dedicated to creating positive and memorable experiences? If so, then we want you to hear from you!
This is a part-time position located in San Francisco, CA. This is a unionized position with IATSE Local 16 as a Chase Center employee.
- Work as a team to complete necessary set up in accordance to event layout
- Participate in all aspects of the conversion process in preparation for sporting events, including the precise set-up and disassembly of basketball floors, hockey glass, ice floor covering, dasher boards, etc.
- Set-up and disassemble in-house performance stage and equipment, dressing rooms, barricades, portable draping, portable chairs, meeting rooms, concourse set-ups, operable walls, and other furnishings and event related equipment
- Report irregularities, discrepancies, damage, and loss of property and safety concerns promptly to supervisor
- Perform pre/post event or conversion inspections and document with completed checklists to ensure the proper conditions and that all safety aspects are reviewed
- Clean and maintain operations department equipment; keep work areas and equipment organized and functional
- Maintain exterior building grounds, including neat and orderly storage spaces and tool supplies
- Perform specialized facility cleaning, painting, maintenance and other utility duties as assigned
- Maintain a professional attitude and appearance at all times
- Adhere to OSHA & CAL/OSHA regulations
Required Skills & Experience
- Basic mechanic skills
- Experience operating motorized equipment and vehicles (e.g. light trucks, auto-scrubbing machines, Cushman carts, vacuums, trash compactor, cardboard bailer, forklifts, suction cups, pallet jacks, man lifts, etc.); forklift certification preferred
- Experience with various power and hand tools (e.g. sockets, wrenches, hammers, drills, impact wrench, Allen wrenches, screwdrivers, etc.)
- Experience using electronic devices (i.e. computers and tablets) to respond to and update work orders using CMMS & IMS mobile device software
- Good physical condition and health, including sufficient strength and stamina for heavy, awkward and repeated lifting
- Capable of performing manual labor for extended periods of time; ability to stand, sit, bend, work with arms raised, and walk on concrete and uneven surfaces while repeatedly lifting up to 100lbs. throughout shift
- Ability to climb over and into heavy equipment several times per day
- Ability to climb portable and fixed ladders, occasionally working at heights above 10 ft.
- Comfortable working through extreme temperature changes from basketball/ice arena to outdoors in inclement weather, including exposure to bright lights, loud noise and dust
- Non-traditional hours including weekdays, weekends and holidays
- Ability to work late night/overnight shifts as required
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Golden State Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Visit www.warriors.com/employment
#LI-DNP <---- INCLUDE to NOT take a Premium Job Slot (i.e. if part-time or Arena role)