About the Position
The Golden State Warriors are looking for a dynamic and effective leader who will be responsible for establishing and implementing sustainability programs for Chase Center. As a Manager of Sustainability and Engineering, you will develop and maintain sustainability programs, motivate team members to engage and participate in local and state programs and craft programs for the district that integrate the resources and support to brand and business partners and deliver community outreach. We believe that collaboration, passion and dedication is what makes the team successful.
This is an excellent opportunity to share your expertise and improve your craft, while learning more about this growing and exciting sports and entertainment organization that values your initiative, creativity and work towards results.
This is a full-time position based in San Francisco, CA.
- Play a key role in the preparation and planning for the opening of the new Chase Center arena in 2019 by managing all sustainability initiatives and partner with managers and departments in coordinating and developing sustainability programs, plans and initiatives
- Develop and initiate new policies and procedures to enhance environmental responsibility across operations and departments within regulatory compliance
- Coordinate efforts of Green Teams to set goals and adopt new programs, track the impacts of changes in operations, lead internal audits (waste and recycling separation, energy and water use etc.), and celebrate successes
- Gather and use data and economic analyses, background research and case studies to create reports, evaluate programs for continuous improvement feedback and present findings to stakeholders
- Record data and create reports on sustainability efforts on the district, with the ability to communicate information through presentations, written reports and social media efforts
- Lead and guide internal teams to achieve operational performance targets and model proper sustainable workplace practices
- Build, manage and update Standard Operation Procedure document programs for Engineering Department
- Assist Director of Engineering and Chief Engineer in developing department key performance indicators (KPI’s) and develop ways to build on success and set bolder goals and initiatives going forward
- Assist executive team with developing and managing operating budget and short-term, long-term and event-related capital projects
- Provide a safe and positive working environment for all back of house employees, including the development of a comprehensive workplace safety program, following all Cal OSHA and local safety laws
- Assist all internal departments, vendors, and clients as assigned
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field
- 5-7 years of growing experience relating to facility operations in an arena or stadium and 5 years of supervisory management experience in a union environment
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Outlook and CAD software preferred
- Highly motivated with excellent project management skills, detail orientation and the ability to meet strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills and provide clear and concise directions
- Ability to work flexible and extended hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours
Golden State Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.
Do you want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Visit www.warriors.com/employment