About the Position
The Manager, Scoreboard Operations position will be responsible for leading the operations and staffing of the scoreboard control room at Chase Center. We are seeking a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized individual with a background in scoreboard presentation events or sports broadcast production to join our organization. You will have an opportunity to collaborate with a fantastic team of creative and technical individuals in a premier, state of the art facility. In this position, you will handle financial budgets, coordinate staffing of technical operators, and manage the overall presentation of the video and audio throughout the arena.
You will also be in charge of organizing schedules, facilitating training, and mentoring employees. This position reports to the Director, Scoreboard Operations.
This is an excellent opportunity to share your expertise and improve your craft, while learning more about a growing and exciting sports and entertainment organization which values your initiative, creativity and work towards results.
This is a full-time position based in San Francisco.
- Work with Studio and Event Presentation teams to execute Scoreboard show elements that entertain our fans and enhance our brand
- Assists with technical implementation of all scoreboard related projects. Review, evaluate, and make recommendations for project management throughout all phases of design, construction and implementation
- Manages the intake of all scoreboard show elements, including partnership inventory, and assets.
- Lead the distribution of technical specifications for loading and scheduling content for all the LED displays and TVs at Chase Center
- Work with engineering staff to confirm all technical aspects of production are show ready
- Work with contractors, system integrators and project managers during project build and subsequent modifications
- Develop budgets for capital improvement projects and monitor the actual project costs to ensure expenditures are within the approved budget
- Schedule full-time, part-time and freelance employees
- Provide mentor-ship and development opportunities to staff
- Work with Human Resources to recruit, interview, select and hire employees
- Develop and maintain budget for staffing and operating costs
- Maintain knowledge of the latest technological advances including media and entertainment technologies, studio production and workstation products
- Develop and maintain library of SOPs and technical documentation
Required Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in management or communication related field
- Minimum of six years experience in live television or board show production with at least three years in a management capacity
- Acute attention to detail and exceptional interpersonal skills
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building, employee coaching and development skills
- Working knowledge of economics, budgeting, and accounting principles and practices
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices and employee relations
- Experience with video broadcast equipment and IP based infrastructure
- Preferably with Ross Acuity and Xpression, Evertz Dreamcatcher, Sony cameras
- Familiar with scoring equipment. Able to communicate with game officials and broadcast representatives
- Understanding of file-based multimedia technologies and video edit systems
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Golden State Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.
Do you want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Visit www.warriors.com/employment