About the Position
The Golden State Warriors are seeking a Manager, Safety and Training who will play a vital role in establishing policies and procedures that will assist the organization in building and maintaining a safe environment. In this role, you will report to the Director of Operations and collaborate cross functionally with other departments to craft and implement safety training programs across arena disciplines. You will utilize your creative skills and knowledge in all rules and regulations to provide effective solutions and safety in the workplace. We believe that collaboration, passion and commitment is what makes our team successful.
This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of a growing and exciting sports and entertainment organization that values your initiative, creativity and dedication.
This is a full-time position located in San Francisco, CA.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage, build and execute all preparation and planning for the opening of the new Chase Center arena in the Fall of 2019
- Create and implement all policies, procedures, and training in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations, including the California Occupational Safety and Health Administration (CalOSHA)
- Promote effective policies to establish a "safety first" workplace by conducting regular training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention to all event related, part-time, and full-time staff
- Through education and training, create a staff that understands and executes on proper arena safety standards and ensure all proper training certifications and records are maintained
- Work closely with local Chase Center union training organizations, to establish CBA related work rules for occupational hazardous work conditions are met and maintained
- Perform routine safety surveys and inspections and review all Standard Operating Procedures to evaluate operational hazards, risks, practices, procedures, and facilities to create a safe workplace and ensure adherence to with the law
- Prepare written reports of findings and recommendations for corrective or preventive measures where indicated and follow up to ensure measures have been implemented
- Conduct proper post-accident investigations and complete documentation and reporting are completed and submitted in a timely manner
- Provide guidance and support to operational management on matters of workplace safety and monitor annual changes in legislation and update operational training requirements accordingly
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration and 3-5 years of dynamic experience relating to safety guidelines, preferably in a union environment
- Considerable knowledge of safety regulations and other federal, state, and local laws and regulations, such as OSHA, EPA standards, NIMS and ADA requirements
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel) required
- Ability to handle multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment with strong communication, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong working knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment with excellent attention to detail and with the ability to anticipate issues and implement corrective action
- Willingness and dedication to have a flexible schedule and work extended hours, including nights, weekends and holidays
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Golden State Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.
Do you want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Visit www.warriors.com/employment