About the Position
The IT Network Administrator will be part of a team responsible for managing, maintaining, monitoring, troubleshooting and securing our network (WAN, LAN, WLAN) infrastructure and data center. Our network consists of a two arenas (Chase Center and KP Arena) and three existing office locations (SF, Oakland and Santa Cruz) and we will be building a new E-Sports network in LA. This is a full-time position reporting to the Director, IT Operations and based in San Francisco.
This is an excellent opportunity to share your expertise while learning more about this growing sports and entertainment organization that values your initiative and dedication!
This is a full-time position based in San Francisco, CA.
Willingness and ability to provide proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination (including booster, if eligible) will be required. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
- Provide operational support for WAN, LAN and WLAN networks and data center technologies
- Manage and troubleshoot network switches (Aruba, Cisco), routers (Juniper, Cisco), next gen firewalls (PAN, Cisco)
- Manage and troubleshoot arena High Density wireless network (Aruba APs, Clearpass, Mobility, Airwave)
- Effectively monitor, diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve network issues - proactively identifying, isolating and resolving network problems to reduce impact
- Ensure network performance and availability meets organizational objectives
- Work w/ IT Security team to identify, evaluate and implement technical security controls to continuously improve the organization’s security posture and ensure compliance with organizational security policies and practices
- Procatively recommend and initiate network projects to benefit organizational objectives
- Track and monitor changes and problems to ensure accurate change / resolution logs.
- Provide and accurately maintain LAN, WAN and WLAN documentation
- Maintain orderly and organized network cable management in data center and IDFs
- Provide network support on game day and/or event day setup, as needed.
- Assist the IT team with other duties supporting the organization, as needed.
Required Experience & Skills
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a technical field, or equivalent network engineering experience
- 3+ years of engineering and deployment experience designing and/or supporting WLAN and LAN/WAN technologies (Aruba experience preferred)
- In-depth knowledge of network management, high availability networks, QOS & capacity planning
- Strong wireless infrastructure experience (Aruba experience preferred)
- Thorough understanding of WLAN architecture and authentication, security and network management
- Experience with WLAN services including Guest Access, Secure Mobility, VoWLAN, and Location Based Services
- Experience with network and wireless troubleshooting and diagnostic tools
- Experience in the setup, tuning and management of next gen firewalls (Palo Alto preferred)
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.)
- Experience with VPN technologies
- Experience managing WAN environments, installing and troubleshooting circuit problems
- Experience with Layer 2 technologies (Spanning Tree, VTP, 802.1Q, Dynamic/Private Vlans)
- Familiarity with Layer 3 routing (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, HSRP, VRRP)
- Experience with enterprise monitoring applications
- Experience with Network Access Control (NAC)
- Strong understanding of network security concepts, technologies and trends
- Retail and/or entertainment environment support helpful
- Aruba certification (Aruba ACSP and/or ACMA) helpful
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be independent; capable of managing conflicting priorities and escalating when appropriate
- Possess high degree of discretion, integrity, professionalism, and accountability for area of responsibility and related results
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, holidays and extended hours as needed
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent organizational, project management, interpersonal, time management, written and oral communication skills
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Golden State Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.
We will ensure that qualified applicants with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Visit www.warriors.com/employment