About the Position
The Golden State Warriors are seeking a Financial Analyst to join the FP&A team to support our growing sports and entertainment business. For this role, we are looking for a self-starter with incredible attention to detail, financial acumen, aptitude for technology, and a desire to work within a dynamic environment. Does this sound like you? If so, you will partner closely with the Arena Operations team, the finance team and department heads to provide detailed analysis and forecasting on our event business.
This is an excellent opportunity to share your expertise while learning more about this growing and exciting sports and entertainment organization that values your initiative, creativity and drives for results.
This is a full-time position located in San Francisco, CA.
- Perform detailed analysis of each event to identify operational efficiencies and opportunities for savings
- Create summary dashboards of financial data to equip leadership to make quick and effective decisions
- Streamline weekly reporting to our leadership team & Arena Operations team
- Partner with department heads to obtain business insights to be incorporated into analysis
- Support the quarterly forecasting of our event business, including various revenue streams and staffing costs
- Support the annual financial planning process, including the development of robust revenue, expense and cash forecast assumptions
- Collaborate with Accounting team to review financial data and propose adjustments
- Ad hoc scenario analysis
Required Experience & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
- 2-3 years of work experience in a highly analytical environment, working with large data sets
- Lean Six Sigma experience is a plus
- Self-starter, highly motivated and detail oriented
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; ability to capture and analyze financial and operational data to identify opportunities for operational efficiencies and savings
- Experience using financial reporting systems (NetSuite) and/or financial planning systems (Adaptive Planning)
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly in PowerPoint and Excel
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Golden State Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Visit www.warriors.com/employment