Chase Center and Golden State Warriors (GSW) are looking for a Public Affairs Coordinator to assist with the execution of the organization's community outreach efforts in San Francisco and the greater Bay Area. Are you a natural communicator and collaborator? We need someone capable of building and fostering relationships to effectively communicate with internal and external audiences. To be successful, you will need impeccable project management and organization skills. This position reports directly to the Vice President, Government and Public Affairs.
If you love sports, entertainment and community organizing, this is your chance to improve your craft. This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of a growing and exciting sports and entertainment organization that values your initiative, creativity and dedication.
This is a full-time position and located in San Francisco, CA.
- Plan and assist with public affairs programming designed to create and maintain favorable image of Chase Center/GSW
- Work with internal teams, city partners and external partners to organize and lead community outreach activities
- Prepare presentations, regularly attend meetings and foster relationships with targeted community groups (e.g. neighborhood associations, homeowner associations, community organizations, etc.)
- Organize, promote and represent the organization at community meetings and public events, either independently or with a team
- Provide event coordination and logistical support to public affairs team for events and meetings
- Plan and host Chase Center/GSW community events in target neighborhoods, including but not limited to community meetings, watch parties and neighborhood events
- Coordinate administrative and logistical aspects of Public Affairs donation and contribution program, including ticket distribution, silent auction items, etc.
- Respond to constituent emails and phone calls in a timely manner
- Document community engagement activities and maintain records of conversations, materials distributed, events held, and participation
- Collaborate with Community Relations and Foundation teams to plan and implement standards for community initiatives
- Attend and support press and public engagement events as needed; Assist with staffing and coordination
Required Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Political Science, Government Relations or related field; Prior experience working for a venue or professional sports team is a plus
- 2+ years of experience in public affairs, government relations and/or community organizing
- Experience executing elements of community organizing, preferably within San Francisco
- Natural collaborator; Able to handle multiple simultaneous tasks in an organized and proactive manner
- Superior writing skills across a variety of formats ranging from external facing materials to day-to-day communications
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; Ability to interact professionally with all levels
- Ability to work calmly and maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-stress environments
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Local travel required, as well as night and weekend work
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Golden State Warriors is an equal opportunity employer.
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Visit www.warriors.com/employment